+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Audio Note Dac 2.1x Signature

I'm Simon.

Default Wanted: Audio Note Dac 2.1x Signature

Hi am looking for an AN Dac 2.1x Signature (mkii) if anyone is thinking of moving one on.

Many thanks, Si

I'm Adam.

Simon, Just a heads up, if you are interested in the AN Dac 2.1 sig or similar at that sort of price point
    I would strongly suggest checking SW1X line of DACs, Slava is incredible in his knowledge of
    high end DACs and indeed uses a lot of the AN as reference. Worth a chat I reckon. IMHO for the used price you could get something new
    and dare I say it 'better'
    http://sw1xad.co.uk
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Simon, Just a heads up, if you are interested in the AN Dac 2.1 sig or similar at that sort of price point
    I would strongly suggest checking SW1X line of DACs, Slava is incredible in his knowledge of
    high end DACs and indeed uses a lot of the AN as reference. Worth a chat I reckon. IMHO for the used price you could get something new
    and dare I say it 'better'
    http://sw1xad.co.uk
    I too heartilly agree. I have the DAC 1 and prefer it to my previous AN Dac
    Go forth and audition!!
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Simon.

Thanks for the info guys i hadn't paid much attention to SW1X before now but having read some reviews it sounds like they have the same 'philosophy' as Audio Note in their level approach and in terms of sound quality also. I've heard an AN 2.1x in my system and really liked it so will see if i can get a home demo from SW1X.

Ovlov - If you don't mind me asking what was the AN DAC that yours replaced?

Many thanks, Si

I'm Martin.

The AN dac I had was a DAC ONE 1x
    AN dac s have a very high output and swamped my pre to the extent that I had to get a -14db attenuator
    The standard SW1X Dac 1 left it for dead
    You can specify high or low output
    There is currently one on ebay Go audition it
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Undarra View Post
    Thanks for the info guys i hadn't paid much attention to SW1X before now but having read some reviews it sounds like they have the same 'philosophy' as Audio Note in their level approach and in terms of sound quality also.
    Many thanks, Si
    I would say you have nearly hit the nail on the head about the likeness of the SW1X approach compared to Audionote. But I would say that a closer reality, is that Slawa at SW1X compares to the Peter Qvortrop that was starting out all those years ago around the Brighton area where I lived, bought some of his gear, and met him both at my house and his.

Today, it has to be acknowledged that Audionote UK have developed into a mainstream (albeit expensive) manufacturer and with that, inevitably comes the lack of intimate contact of Peter with both his many products and his customers.

Slawa is just making his way in the world of commercial Hi Fi, he has his own philosophies and convictions and here is a man that still listens to every component in every bit of gear he sells.

+ Reply to Thread