+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Stuff you can't get anymore and things you can (at the moment).

I'm Neil.

You just can't get hold of decent laudanum these days.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Take an aspirin!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    In its absence try absinthe.

I'm Geoff.

Painkillers. There is a distinct possibility that two of the most useful painkillers may be banned in the UK before too long. CoCodamol (paracetamol, enhanced with codeine) and Ibuprofen (a synthetic alternative to aspirin). Both are effective, but there has been negativity towards them recently, so their days as over the counter medications could be limited. It may be time to stock up soon. 'use by' dates mean little with these, they keep for a long time.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

I think I heard that Tramadol was also going to be restricted, my late Mum was prescribed Tramadol taken together with Paracetamol, as a strong pain killer. It seemed to work for her. Mum's GP was the same as mine, and when I had bad pain, she told me to take Mum's Tamadol / Paracetamol combination, it certainly worked. I still have a few left, which I reserve for bad days.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

I take tramadol. Better not stop it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

It's supposed to be addictive, just as well I haven't much here!
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Can't say Ive noticed that. If I wasn't in pain I'd not take them. I don't seem to notice bar lots of pain if I forget
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Do you take them with Paracetamol, as this, I understand increases the pain killing effect greatly?
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Do you take them with Paracetamol, as this, I understand increases the pain killing effect greatly?
    yes, 2 and 2... plus an anti inflammatory, 3 times a day. its quite a lot but needed just to keep the worst of it away/
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast