+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stuff you can't get anymore and things you can (at the moment).

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Probably Chitral Black you're thinking of there
    Yes - that would be it: https://www.seedsman.com/en/pakistan...-regular-seeds
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Just been reading on the net that the last universally obtainable effective weedkiller 'glyphosate' is possibly going to be banned soon.

Note that this article is a year old: https://www.theguardian.com/business...-immediate-ban

I'm not aware of other equally useful or effective weedkillers. How the hell do you eradicate weed growth without it. Dig them all out?

I don't use Glyphosate all that often or in large quantities, but it can be the most effective weed control, so I'll be stocking up.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

I have used it for quite a few years, last few years this make was between £25 to £29 for a 5 litre can, price seems to have rocketed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-LT-LITRE...-/131007315936

The replacement for this one is around the £25 -£29 mark for 5 Litres.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Bro gets it and others in bulk for the small holding. that may now be up in the air of course, although he is a bit better and can drive short distances
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I have now stocked up on Glyphosate weedkiller and caustic soda, in view of the likely impending ban on sales. I have a good stock of cellulose thinners now too, just in case. I have maybe enough of the foregoing to last another ten years.

What the heck will people do if they need to do weed clearing? Glyphosate is really the only effective weedkiller left.

I envisage oil based creosote substitutes like 'Creocote' being banned too. The water based wood treatments are pretty useless and more for appearance than preservative use.

In case anybody is interested. Tesco are having an end of season clearance of their stock of own brand Glyphosate weedkiller now at £1 a pack. It was £4. Worth grabbing some. As I have.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Anto.

Vapona Strips .
    Bloody marvellous things although now we rely on one of those UV tube zappers !
    Nought like the smell of burnt bluebottle in the morning!!

Glcophophate is still an odd one - I am reasonably sure they wont ban it , but who knows!!
    As a farmer we use it very occasionally to destroy old leys (pastures) and great for keeping the yard tidy!! It kills the docks that have roots like samll parsnips and the old weed grasses too. Not sure things would be very managable without it , but its not always been there -only since the late 70's as I recall!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

still get vapona stuff. not sure if they do the hanging strips but you still get them. my bro gets Glcophophate for his small holding so i can get some from him
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Glcophophate is still an odd one - I am reasonably sure they wont ban it , but who knows!!
    http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/...d-killer-world

And this article is over a year old! A ban is likely imminent. Stock up.

I'm Mark.

Sorry, I'm not heavily into weed killers (though I can see the attraction) so can't add anything to that discussion. What I miss these days is being able to go into someone else's home - not anyone's of course, I mean a family/friend or suchlike - and simply switch the TV on. In the old days you just had to find the little knob on the side of the set and give it a twist. Nowadays you are confronted with at least three remote controls and any number of black boxes blinking at you, then you have to find the correct sequence of button pushing to get any sense out of them. I invariably fail. Mind you changing channel is a lot easier once you get a picture, just accidentally sit on any remote as opposed to gripping the BIG knob on the side of the set with both hands and using all your upper body strength to click it through half a dozen positions. Anyone remember the good ol' Philips 12 inch?

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Vapona Strips .
    Bloody marvellous things although now we rely on one of those UV tube zappers !
    Nought like the smell of burnt bluebottle in the morning!!
    I use these now http://www.redtopflycatcher.co.uk/

Fascinating to watch in a macabre sort of way, just make sure it's far enough away from house as the bait pongs a bit.
    Audiophile Tosher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast