+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planar headphones... any good?...Yup!

I'm Grant.

Default Planar headphones... any good?...Yup!

I see both oppo and hifiman do planar cans now at reasonable prices. anyone tried/are using them. oppo pm3 or hifiman 4000s in particular., or are we better sticking to dynamic ones
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ah well I got chance of a mint set of Oppo's so snaffled them Let you know if it was a mistake
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm malcolm.

Cool, I'll be interested in your judgement on them.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Russell.

I've always wondered the same thing. I've seen Stax at the local salon, with extreme prices at the time. Interesting to know that there are newer less expensive alternatives. I'd be interested in knowing what the fuss is about!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

This is the oppo's. look ok, and are closed back high efficiency planars. Might have been better with the hifiman as i could have bought new and they are open I think. But Oppo get a great name and good build is important
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

This is the oppo's. look ok, and are closed back high efficiency planars. Might have been better with the hifiman as i could have bought new and they are open I think. But Oppo get a great name and good build is important

But how do they sound ??
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Grant.

dunno, not arrived yet... keep u posted
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

dunno, not arrived yet... keep u posted
    Oh, sorry mate - because the photo, you know
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Mike.

Will if you don't like them I might be interested ( price dependant of course ) as I need a closed back set of phones to replace my Senn 650's as the Boss doesn't like listening to my music in bed lol

I'm Grant.

Mine didnt either. Supposed to be coming today Mike. Not sure they have even been run in yet. He didnt say how many hrs he used them. I know planar often need a fair bit of that before getting sweet. Hope they come before I go to babysit
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast