+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tron Convergence, with Firebottle modifications.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Ah I've used that quote for decades and always assumed it was something from the distant past like Chaucer, or the bard... Douglas Bader eh? Yer learns something every day
    You're older than you look

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Was actually group captain harry day
    I agree attributed to Harry Day, but quoted by Douglas Bader in the film "Reach for the Skies".

I'm Grant.

Harry was baders commander in the aerobatics team when he crashed. He was later a member of the great escapers. Was lucky too as he was marked down to be one of the 50 to be e executed
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Updated

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Wondered where you'd got to Oliver. You've been missing today!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Wondered where you'd got to Oliver. You've been missing today!
    Yes, had a bit of news about my temporary job which hasn't gone my way so took a bit of time away from everything and just listened to the Tron. It really is very good.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Nah. You get the used chewing gum mate!
    Is it still minty?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Alan.

The modified Tron has had a jump in performance this morning, see http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...118#post863118.

Cheers,
    Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Charlie.

Sounds like the TRON Convergence is there or thereabouts. The ultra quiet circuit is really important in vinyl replay, even if you don;t have insanely efficient speakers like I do. The lack of circuit noise enhances the quiet moments on the record and hence increases the available dynamic range. You get the same benefit when using a really high quality (esp DC battery) PSU on a turntable motor - just makes the silent bits inky black. Making the circuit ultra quiet must be very hard, esp with valves.

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, its impressively quiet. Its a real achievment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast