+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tron Convergence, with Firebottle modifications.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    CE certification for small electronics companies isn't particularly arduous. As above, self certification is quite legal and easy to do. However, that's not to say there aren't many other hidden costs.

A 'quiet' phonostage, in that it adds very little noise of its own, is an absolute must as far as I am concerned - otherwise a genuinely wide dynamic range is impossible. This is particularly difficult to achieve with MC valve stages and the primary problem I encountered when I tried one of Alan's designs.
    Noise as in "hiss? Hum? Buzz? Because it was the lack of the aforementioned that impressed with the Tron. Not had that problem with a Firebottle design either though.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Peter.

I am confused. Is this the Tron that Firebottle tampered with? If so, it's not a standard product, and putting a review of a modded version on the web may mislead people in the future.
    Guitar for sale in 'Abstract Chat' sub-forum

Rega Isis Valve. Platine Verdier. EAR 912. EAR 861. Tannoy Prestige Canterbury SE.
    Naim CD5si. Naim Supernait 2. KEF 104/2.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    I am confused. Is this the Tron that Firebottle tampered with? If so, it's not a standard product, and putting a review of a modded version on the web may mislead people in the future.
    A review of anything modified is OK, as long as it is clearly stated that the product is not in standard condition (particularly if it is a manufacturer's current offering).

Many of us modify our equipment, this is all part of the fun for the Hi-Fi hobbyist.

Last edited by walpurgis; 10-05-2017 at 09:16.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm GettingFunky.

Should the title be changed to make it clear then?
    Kevin

Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Hana SL/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU). Pioneer PD-S703. Caiman II. Firebottle KIN. Firebottle Monoblocks, Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp. Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters. Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650. DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects. Talk cable 3 speaker cable. Power Inspired AG1500

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Should the title be changed to make it clear then?
    I would say definitely yes it should.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Done!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Oliver.

CE Conformity

"In 2004 the original directive was repealed by directive 2004/108/EC with the following changes being implemented. Manufacturers no longer require mandatory third party involvement to assess conformity providing the requirements of the directive have been followed"

Seems CE conformity is indeed covered by a Technical file unless theres some legislation i cant find? can you assist with a link Graham?
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Thanks!

I like the Tron and it definitely does a lot right IMO. The quietness is something to be impressed by too. Its impressive.

I recommend listening to a Firebottle Vivant, for educational purposes of course 😉

I have heard the Vivant and the KIN with equivalent phono stage and indeed they are very good but for me they do not give me that live realism I get from the Croft 25R+. When we compared the KIN to the Croft the KIN had wider smoother soundstage if I remember but as I have very recently found out we were listening to my Croft with knackered caps. Since I have had these replaced the goal post has moved somewhat and I would say soundstage is similar and all other aspects have improved considerably plus it has that extra bit of Croft magic
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / 2M Black /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Spendor SP2

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have heard the Vivant and the KIN with equivalent phono stage and indeed they are very good but for me they do not give me that live realism I get from the Croft 25R+. When we compared the KIN to the Croft the KIN had wider smoother soundstage if I remember but as I have very recently found out we were listening to my Croft with knackered caps. Since I have had these replaced the goal post has moved somewhat and I would say soundstage is similar and all other aspects have improved considerably plus it has that extra bit of Croft magic
    Well, hopefully jim ill get a look at that very soon. Im still trying to find a day to get to yours !

Just point out that your croft​ is 400 more than the Firebottle units. Id hope it's be better ! Lol

I'm James.

I will keep firing dates at you Oliver as they come up. Sorry they are all over the place but I live a hectic life, will explain when we meet up!
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / 2M Black /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast