+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tron Convergence, with Firebottle modifications.

I'm Ian.

Alan visited today and brought his Tron for a listen. Once we'd let the cartridge (Zyx R50 Bloom) warm up Alan put on Flag by Yello, not an LP I've familiar with but it sounded rather excellent. Then onto an XX album which I am familiar with. I adopted my critic's face, concentrating on width, depth, bass, treble and all the other audiofool stuff but that didn't last even a single track, I just got sucked into the music, enthralling. Clearly this is a quite excellent phono stage. I don't know how the standard Tron would compare but the fired up one is certainly a very fine amplifier.
    Thanks Alan.

I'm Graham.

Default TRON Convergence RIAA Data

Now I have had a little more time today away from the workshop I have attached some documentation of the Convergence RIAA and it's accuracy seeing as it was bought into question earlier in the week.
    The attached data shows the accuracy of the Convergence (yellow line) is within the limits quoted (within 0.5dB) of the RIAA curve (blue line).

Note: the frequency scale on the two graphs are linear and not logarithmic.

The Convergence has been in production for 3 years and as Tron-Electric is an established manufacturer I have about 25 things that I could implement into this design to take if further if I need too, or if I am asked too. Most manufacturers do this anyway so as to keep ahead of the competition. However experience has taught me to only make changes when these are absolutely necessary so the design is not constantly changing and customers know exactly what they are getting. The Tron Seven Phono stage was in production for 5 years before it had its first update.

A lot of work went into the design of the Convergence and it is engineered as a commercial design that can be sold in hundreds / thousands rather than just a handful. So far the Convergence seems to have been very popular and many owners, particularly those with high efficiency loudspeakers (>95dB) love the refined sound and the low noise. To put minds at rest the internal MC transformers are of excellent quality and I subsidise these in the MC version to keep the price at £1000.
    Last edited by G T Audio; 14-05-2017 at 18:22.
    Graham Tricker
    G T Audio/AudioMeister/TRON
    01895 833099

Personal System
    Analogue: TW Acustic Black Night Turntable, SME M2-12R Tonearm, Ortofon 90th Anniversary SPU / TW Acustic Raven LTD Turntable, TW Acustic 10.5 Tonearm, Transfiguration Proteus / Studer 807 & Studer 810 Tape Machines.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith MKII / Tron Seven GT DAC.
    Amplification: Tron Seven GT Mono Phono stage x 2 / Tron Nemesis Preamplifier / Tron Telstar Power Amplifier.
    Loudspeakers: Cessaro Liszt Horns.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Pics not working here, Graham... Btw, you have a PM, regarding populating your trade room

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm John.

Pics working for me

I'm Grant.

not for me they aint
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

or me
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm John.

Get yerselves an iphone

I'm Andrew.

Pics working fine on Firefox. I have to say that it's very generous of Graham supplying all this information. It certainly makes for a more informed choice when selecting components from the many talented designers on AOS.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Grant.

yup they are working now.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Charlie.

Wow, the RIAA EQ on the TRON looks a great match to the RIAA standard on the curves. I'm not a designer, so please excuse me if every audio manufacturer gets them this close. Perhaps others on this forum could share their knowledge or even their data, so that we can all see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast