+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dsd to pcm 352khz

I'm Terry.

Default Dsd to pcm 352khz

Is there really a loss of quality converting dsd to 352khz pcm?
    After converting a track, I noticed vocals. And midrange sounds more up front.
    Why would this be?

I'm Grant.

Dunno, never got dsd working with my dac. think its the drivers which wont install. i converted a album to dsd but it wouldnt play lol, so i gave up.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Terry.

Oh. I see.
    Which dac?

I'm Grant.

Its an smsl m6 .. excellent dac/ headphone amp that does dsd. You get dsd dtivers but windows wont install them. Tbh im happy enough upscaling anyway so just gonna leave it as such.. sound etc is superb i have to say and was considering trying one of there bigger ones.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Terry.

Your drivers should install, run installer has admin ,
    If it still fails, go to windows temp folder and remove all in there,

Usually what happens is the driver may have had a glitch , this leaves a damaged file that your driver left behind, while it was setting up.

You could go go device drivers and see what's showing,

If I had that problem it would piss me off.

I'm James.

My server does dsd but I've never looked in to it, is it like upsampling or does the recording have to be in dsd like sacd? Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Default Dsd to pcm 352khz

Quote Originally Posted by terrys99 View Post
    Your drivers should install, run installer has admin ,
    If it still fails, go to windows temp folder and remove all in there,

Usually what happens is the driver may have had a glitch , this leaves a damaged file that your driver left behind, while it was setting up.

You could go go device drivers and see what's showing,

If I had that problem it would piss me off.
    It didn't take the driver. It used a windows one I think. I tried to get it to change but it just automatically goes back to the first. Uninstalled driver but then I show it the dsd one it ignores it and takes the original again. Sure there will be a way but win 10 is fairly new to me and I don't want to screw with it lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    My server does dsd but I've never looked in to it, is it like upsampling or does the recording have to be in dsd like sacd? Jim
    You need a dsd recording. Don't think it does it on the fly
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Terry.

looking at the specs for your dac

USB Input: 16bit-32bit / 32kHz-384kHz (asynchronous)
    Optical fiber, coaxial: 16bit-24bit / 32kHz-192kHz

It won't play dsd native,
    But if you played a dsd or sacd from jriver or foobar2000 you can set up to play at 384khz with should sound good.

Or play has dop the quality would be indentical to dsd

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    You need a dsd recording. Don't think it does it on the fly
    Thank you
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread