+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glossary of Key Sales Point Terms....

I'm Stewart.

Default Glossary of Key Sales Point Terms....

Thought I would kick this off for some light relief..........please add as you feel is required.

Terms used by sellers of open reel decks for enhancement purposes with translations ........

Full Recap - The 5 that got changed as far as you know.
    Heads have many thousands of hours left - you gave them a clean and thought they looked quite shiny
    No leads or tape therefore unable to test - you don't have a clue what this machine even is do you.
    Fully serviced - you dusted it with a Mr Fluffy glove and used Pledge on the really dirty bits
    Used by the BBC in their studios (always a good one this) - so you worked for the BBC did you and know what their machine inventory was ?

Feel free to add your own experiences...
    Stewart.

I'm Josie.

lol...

Heads have plenty of hours left on them.... "they look shiny".
    Fully lubricated.... "I just put oil on the bits I could get to without taking any panels off"
    New belt...."I flipped the belt" or "I got one off flebay that may last for about a week"
    Sounds superb.... "I heard some music"
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Charlie.

"Stored for 20 years" - broke 20 years ago and languishing in store
    "Mint" - not completely knackered
    "Used to record xxx famous LP" - plus hundreds of other albums i.e. knackered from heavy studio life

I'm Grant.

Desirable
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

It works just as it should, when I turned it on all the lights came on.
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

I'm Alan.

The usual one is all the lights come and appears to be in good working order but have no tape to test it with?.

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Josie.

Lol, yes. It works but not tested it in 20 years.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodgesound View Post
    Thought I would kick this off for some light relief..........please add as you feel is required.

Terms used by sellers of open reel decks for enhancement purposes with translations ........

Full Recap - The 5 that got changed as far as you know.
    Heads have many thousands of hours left - you gave them a clean and thought they looked quite shiny
    No leads or tape therefore unable to test - you don't have a clue what this machine even is do you.
    Fully serviced - you dusted it with a Mr Fluffy glove and used Pledge on the really dirty bits
    Used by the BBC in their studios (always a good one this) - so you worked for the BBC did you and know what their machine inventory was ?

Feel free to add your own experiences...
    Slightly unfair - there are many vendors of ex-BBC gear, who I doubt have worked for the Beeb. If it was genuinely ex-BBC, it will have various stickers all over it: denoting when it was last PAT tested, the stock number, which department of the BBC used it, etc. Well everything I have which is ex-BBC has, even to the point of having the department engraved on the chassis.
    Barry

I'm Stewart.

Absolutely right Barry - I meant that gear though without such defining provenance..
    Stewart.

+ Reply to Thread