+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soekris vs ECDesign

I'm Alan.

Default Soekris vs ECDesign

Hi folks, just wondered if anyone here has tried these two dacs? They seem to be the ultimate value for money out there and if the claims are true then there better than my current dac and compete with dacs that cost 30k. Soekris has a DIY board avail. he also has a retail version due out next month. Someone has also created a very nice looking board to help with the Soekris diy version. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendo...1-control.html I am heading down this rabbit hole and was hoping to get some feedback here as the other place is just not as helpful.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm Neil.

ECDesigns are highly innovative and at the top of their game. I prefer their ultra-minimal approach over Soekris, but haven't heard either unit.

I would love to hear their Mosaic DAC, it looks like a serious contender against my own, and there really aren't many of those. Am a big fan of non-oversampling done right.

One consideration is that the Mosaic has a passive output, so might work best into an active pre.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Alan.

Many thanks Yomanze, I was contemplating a diy dac using the DAM1021 for the reason of a more minimal approach, at least it has the option to use the passive output. Have you seen the i/o board that has been developed for this? http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendo...1-control.html
    I am really tempted to sell the Gumby now.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

+ Reply to Thread