+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 38 Demo CDs free. First come, first served

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Tin-tin out in '65? I thought they were much later. I have their remix of Always something there to remind me.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Howard.

Good afternoon colleagues. All 38 CDs have now been allocated and quite a few were sent today – fresh jiffy bag and second class post. The rest will go out tomorrow. Not all of them went to forum people as I was at the same time as making this offer to you all, I was doing so my blog site. Well, not a blog site exactly but a sort of bulleting board thingy. http://blog.listencarefully.co.uk/

Anyway, I got a real buzz about giving things away. And so towards the end of this month, I’ll be doing it again. Only CDs. Can’t do with equipment – although I truly wish I could. Same sort of thing as before. However I think in fairness, preference to those who’ve not already had a couple of freebie music CDs from me should be granted.

Quite a few people offered to pay UK postage and/or make a donation to charity. Very kind and most unexpected and no, I won’t hear of it. I'm touched though.

Sincerely

HP
    Well, hello.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hey, have you nabbed the 'Pinky & Perky' CD? It was the rare 'Tin-Tin Out 1965 dub remix', too... Howard promised he was keeping it for me

Marco.
    A true story. Many years ago, long before e-bay became the default source for buying and selling CDs and vinyl, I would from time to time insert a bogus lineage advert in amongst the dozens of legitimate albums I was trying to sell in Record Collector Magazine. The idea was that the curious and inquisitive would point the spoof line and of course the entire ad to others.

One such bogus album was “A Tribute To Hendrix” by Pinky and Perky. As it turned out, nobody had previously thought to do a such a daft thing as this. I know this because I received a phone call from the pleasant and perplexed editor who, as it turned out, was a Hendrix man through and through.

Sheepishly he told me that while he wasn’t sure if it was a spoof or not, he was sufficient intrigued to make the call – “just in case”. A nice attitude on his part, no telling off and no requirement nor request not to insert spoof ads again. Happy days, those were.

Incidentally, Record Collector Magazine is now very much more than the title would suggest. It’s a damn fine read and the interviews and reviews are easily worth the price of admission alone.

HP
    Well, hello.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Howard,

Thanks again for the generous offer. I think that I can speak on behalf of everyone when I say that it is much appreciated!

As an aside, a chap called Robin (doodoos) joined us the other day and said that he found us through a link on your blog or website, and for the life of me I can't find any mention of The Art of Sound either on you blog or website

If such a link exists, could you provide a link to its whereabouts? Or even better include us on here:

http://www.stereonow.co.uk/links.html

That would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
    Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

My three CDs came this morning. Thanks Howard

I got:

A test CD which will certainly be interesting.

Hits of the Beachboys - a compilation from 2002 - Tasha will snaffle this one.

Born in the USa Volume 2 - a compilation by Mojo. I'm looking forward to giving this one a spin.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    My three CDs came this morning. Thanks Howard

I got:

A test CD which will certainly be interesting.

Hits of the Beachboys - a compilation from 2002 - Tasha will snaffle this one.

Born in the USa Volume 2 - a compilation by Mojo. I'm looking forward to giving this one a spin.
    My pleasure. Really. A fine weekend to you all. Sincerely, HP.

PS

If anyone wants a copy of the free Bass Test CD, just email me at enquiries@stereonow.co.uk

With your mailing address please (surprising how many forget) and 'Want free Bass CD please' in the subject line. Those applying without the word 'please' will be ignored.
    Last edited by Neil McCauley; 09-05-2008 at 12:14.
    Well, hello.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ditto for me, Howard (although the CDs were different) so thanks a lot

The bass test CD should be interesting so I will report on that in due course.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Howard,

Thanks again for the generous offer. I think that I can speak on behalf of everyone when I say that it is much appreciated!

As an aside, a chap called Robin (doodoos) joined us the other day and said that he found us through a link on your blog or website, and for the life of me I can't find any mention of The Art of Sound either on you blog or website

If such a link exists, could you provide a link to its whereabouts? Or even better include us on here:

http://www.stereonow.co.uk/links.html

That would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
    Marco.
    Hello Howard -- remember me?. Wouldn't say no to a free cd myself sometime and you are righr about said forum.

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Thank you very much for the discs,which arrived this morning.

Spinning Nina Nastasia & Jim White for a second time now,after giving it a clean.I think maybe honey from your morning toast may have dribbled onto it.

Re. The Stereonow Test CD,being a bass freak I love it.

Thanks again for your generosity,Howard.
    ATB

David

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Hi Howard,

Many thanks for the fantastic discs. I will give them a spin (well, import them first) tonight and have a good listen. The bass test disc I will use once I've moved out of my flat.

Thanks again, very generous.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

+ Reply to Thread