+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Debit card received without me aplying for it

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Perhaps members of the forum that have joined up with TSB recently can say what type of data was requested of them to open an account.
    It is on the TSB website, read all of it as someone knows the answers about you:

https://apply.tsb.co.uk/personal/a/a...ssicaccountVER

You can presume that someone knows all of your details such as name, address, date of birth, time at address, marital status, town of birth, income and employment etc, basically the whole Shebang

If no money or assets have been lost then the police wont be interested, it will just be logged.

TSB will know the IP address used to make the application and they will have the contact phone and email address used for the form but might not tell you.

I would be looking at making yourself more secure rather than spending too much time chasing TSB as they have not really done much if anything wrong.

I would suggest another email address to use for all financial stuff and maybe another phone number on all your financial logins as even though you have changed your passwords an enterprising scammer will just phone up and pretend to be you as they know all the answers to any questions. If you change your phone and email on all important sites the scammers wont know those answers about email and phone numbers as they will have changed.

I'm Alex.

Thanks Mark, in fact I did look at the TSB website last night and could see most of the info needed. I don't think one can get all unless one fills in the form. Thanks also for the tip to change email address, I'll get on to that.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Right, I've already changed password, memorable data for financial things, just changing my mobile number and email address too, but what do I do about the landline number registered with the banks, leave it, or delete it and just rely on the mobile.

Just been to my local Tesco to buy a cheap mobile. They said that they did not have any at first, then the Manager came out with two old stock Tesco Nokia 225's, I thought he said £50 each and I said that was too much, he said not £50, 50P!!!! I thought he was joking. No, he was serious, bought them and put £10 in the Cancer Research UK charity box.
    Spendorman

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    It is on the TSB website, read all of it as someone knows the answers about you:

https://apply.tsb.co.uk/personal/a/a...ssicaccountVER

You can presume that someone knows all of your details such as name, address, date of birth, time at address, marital status, town of birth, income and employment etc, basically the whole Shebang

If no money or assets have been lost then the police wont be interested, it will just be logged.

TSB will know the IP address used to make the application and they will have the contact phone and email address used for the form but might not tell you.

I would be looking at making yourself more secure rather than spending too much time chasing TSB as they have not really done much if anything wrong.

I would suggest another email address to use for all financial stuff and maybe another phone number on all your financial logins as even though you have changed your passwords an enterprising scammer will just phone up and pretend to be you as they know all the answers to any questions. If you change your phone and email on all important sites the scammers wont know those answers about email and phone numbers as they will have changed.
    I doubt they could know every detail, only the stuff that requires an answer in the application so where they ask profession it's not something they would need verify as to job, on an application

I'm Alex.

At the beginning of all this I wrote to TSB asking for various details in including what sort my of identification was provided by the identity thief to open an account.

I have received a reply from the not very helpful guy at TSB that I had a telephone conversation with.

TSB.jpg

Next, will be the letter based on Simon's draft that he kindly did.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

The letter that Simon kindly drafted has now been sent to TSB.

A further development, yesterday I received through the post, an overdue bill for £90 from Sky Mobile. I have never has anything to do with Sky. Needless to say I phoned them. Sky confirmed that contracts had been taken to the value of about £3000. I must say Sky were very helpful, accepted immediately that It was identity theft, and told me that I would not be responsible for anything. They told me that the TSB account that I received a debit card for was the one that the fraudster used to buy stuff from them.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Question is how could he access details of account and card no etc if you have it?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

He must have had the bank account details associated with the card.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234