+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debit card received without me aplying for it

I'm Taz.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I have Avast free on the machine, I presume that Sohos is compatible?
    Yes this will run regardless of what other virus programs you have installed. It'll connect to the net and download the latest information from it's server then will take around 2/3 hours to do a complete scan

I'm Alex.

Thanks, downloading now.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Sofos would not install, it said that Avast must be removed first, did that, installed Sophos, scanning now.
    Spendorman

I'm Simon.

Tsb need slapping, shame them publicly.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Tsb need slapping, shame them publicly.
    I feel the same.

Even if it was my fault that my details were accessed by the fraudster, which I don't think it is, I need to know what details were supplied by the identity thief so that I could remedy matters for the future.

However, I might give them one last chance by reporting the case to TSB's CEO, who I believe is Paul Pester.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Sophos finished scanning, nothing really found, a couple of what it calls "potentially unwanted programs" but I know what they are. Just scanning with Clamwin now!
    Spendorman

I'm Simon.

I wouldn't worry about that spendorman, just creating extra hassle for you. The banks and authorities are responsible if they cock up on identity theft etc anyway. The banks can't disclose personal data about others to you, under dpa 1998, even if they are criminals etc. They may report to police.

It's reasonable for them to tell you how it happened after an investigation and if you want to, make a request in writing. In order for you to find out which personal data the person got hold of from you to open an account so you can work out how it happened, Make a subject access request under the data protection act for all personal data tsb hold regarding you. Section 7 of dpa 98. You have to pay £10 unfortunately. This would mean if the person had one of your letters, which assumes is the case if they opened the bank account, your personal personal data.

Under ripa which deals with police largely you don't have tell someone that you are recording them and you can use the information as a recorded call for personal use only i.e. Not disclosing to a third party (unless they have your consent)

I'm Alex.

Hi Simon, I have already made a request in writing which included asking which personal data the person got hold of to open an account in my name. No reply as yet.

Thank for the advice to request under the Data Protection Act Section 7 of dpa 98, for all data TSB hold on me. I will do this, but need to get a reply from my letter first.

The bit about recording the call I only included to show their arrogance, well at least that one guy's arrogance.

I had thought of trying to apply for an account with TSB myself and see what data they require to open the account, probably not advisable.

Perhaps members of the forum that have joined up with TSB recently can say what type of data was requested of them to open an account.
    Spendorman

I'm Simon.

I'd make the request under the dpa formally as these firms don't often take it as such unless you state section 7, where it will go to their dpa team. If you don't state it as a formal request they are unlikely to pass it on to their dpa team. I'd try and get them to deal with it without the £10 which is the most they can charge (no matter amount of info they have and admin costs etc), as you don't have an account with them, and the information you seek (possible personal letters of yours the fraudster has) is likely to be limited. I'd find out the dpa team detail and email them and get them to acknowledge you. You have to have Id to make a subject access request, you can scan and send or if you can't do this letter in post with photocopies. This is a suggestion of what to say ;

Dear Sirs

Re : subject 7 data access request

I am writing to make a subject access for 'personal data' pursuant to section 7 of the data protection act (1998) following my exchanges with x on x by email/letter (your ref x)

I attach two forms of identification pursuant to the guidance of the information commissioner for making access requests. These are x and x, dated x and x.

Please confine your search to any and all documents you hold in respect to communications between myself and your mr/ms/mrs x as referred to above, in addition in relation to records you hold as part of accounts taken out in my name (state your full name and middle names) residing at (state your full address). In addiiton all internal emails within tsb constituting my personal data as well as any and all other electronic records.

Personal data is that which refers to me either implied or expressly as well as any personal correspondence from me including utility bills or any other forms of identification. Please do not redact any part of such personal data, except as referring to third parties. Any content in reference to me in an implied or express sense, but not identifying individuals or organisations, still constitutes my personal data.

I anticipate my personal data will be relatively limited therefore I ask that you please wave the £10 statutory fee, particularly in the circumstances that your above colleague will be aware of how I have come to be involved with tsb, to whom I have not/never taken out any accounts myself.

It would be helpful to me if your data team could confirm the information and proof of identity documents required to take out an account (state account type per card you got) with tsb.

Should you require payment of the maximum £10 fee, please can you let me know but I'm hopeful this won't be necessary.

You are obviously aware you have 40 days from receipt of my £10 cheque or confirmation you are prepared to wave the fee, to comply with my data request.

Thank you for your consideration to this matter and looking forward to hearing from you in the above regard with your acknowledgement.

Yours faithfully

xxxxx'

I know all this stuff as used to work as a liability loss adjuster making these all the time.

I'm Alex.

Hi Simon, that is excellent, thank you, I was beginning to think that you might be a lawyer, but you explained your knowledge.

I will use your draft letter, but need to find out is TSB have received the letter that I sent last week asking for the same information as your letter, but not in nearly such a good way.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast