Gentlemen, I've been doing some reading, again, on several of the well known record treatments. Namely LAST, and Groove Glide. Maybe this subject has been visited before, but I was wondering if any of you have any experience with these or any other record treatments?

When I was just a teenager, mid 70's, I bought some Groove Glide. Just a sample really. Enough for a dozen records or so. I applied it to a dozen of my favorite records, and thought maybe it lowered some background noise, but it wasn't enough to really write home about. So, I never bought it again. But! Some 35 years later I realized that those 12 records had lasted better, preserved much of their sound quality over the years over records of the same age that I did not treat.

Now, I've got a record cleaning machine. And after a few good washes, I'm not sure that any of my old records actually have any wear? They were just dirty. Perhaps they are worn? But removing the dirt has improved their sound so much that I only think they show no wear? It's impossible to compare them to how they sounded 35 years ago. But it makes me wonder if the use of LAST or Groove Glide would be of any use with an RCM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk