+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playing a record in reverse

I'm Mick.

Default Playing a record in reverse

Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Russell.

A neat trick! Can't wait to try it on a $3000 MC. I guess that's the advantage of headshells. The only backwards audio I've ever heard on vinyl was on side two of Pink Floyd The Wall. I discovered it one night while intoxicated, and sure enough it has a secret message recorded backwards. Not a weird coincidence that sounds like a word, but an honest to goodness backwards message. As I recall, it said, "Congratulations, you have just discovered the secret message, etc. etc. etc", has anyone else heard it? Or any others?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

To play the whole side, he'd need to start at the run-out groove.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Bob.

+ Reply to Thread