Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Phono Stage Shootout

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Oliver, I'll take the stance with you that I think is necessary, as I'm owner of this forum, so my decisions are not up for debate. You're certainly taking the wrong stance with me, and a dangerous one, if you value your membership here.

However, you seem to be one of these folk who go on and on, insisting on things being as YOU say they should be, and don't know when to STFU and respect ultimately who makes the decisions here. Therefore, any further 'backchat' from you will result in a week's holiday, so I suggest that you wind your neck in now and give it a rest.

Marco.
    Lol STFU?? !!! So, dare to challenge your opinion and all of a sudden your "Championing debate" attitude turns into a threat. Silencing those who disagree with you while you hold power. Moderator/Dictator. (Is this classed as back chat?)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Alphason HR100 MCS > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP MK2 Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

As warned, Oliver has been banned [for the duration of a week] for the above post and continually arguing with moderating decisions. In this case, it's not my "opinion" being disputed. Moderating decisions are FINAL, an so not up for 'challenge' or debate. It's as simple as that.

Some folk need to LEARN that when you're told by a mod or a member of admin that your behaviour is unacceptable, then you gracefully accept that and comply accordingly. There is NO other acceptable reaction!

Now, I insist that this thread gets back on topic, so any posts which don't comply with that will be removed, without further warning, and those responsible will receive the same fate as Oliver.

[Admin edit: on reflection, I would apologise for the 'STFU" comment, which I agree was OTT, but arose simply because Oliver was continually arguing, instead of simply complying with my moderating decision].

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789