+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Here's an odd one

I'm Alex.

You might try connecting your speakers in series so as to increase the impedance, just to see if this changes the situation.
    Spendorman

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I see that the Wharfedale's nominal impedance is 6 Ohms, this is a bit lower than a normal nominal 8 Ohm load, perhaps this is triggering the protection. Not so good if this is so.
    Apparently wharfedale recommend amps from 20w to 100w so the Cambridge should have no problem
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Well just on the off chance I contacted Novatron Korea, designers of my preamp/server, and explained the issue,I got a simple one sentence reply, we will clear this bug via the next firmware update at the end if the month. Thanks for all your replies
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

A suggestion its not first complaint then, and that its a software problem reducing the output
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A suggestion its not first complaint then, and that its a software problem reducing the output
    So it would seem Grant,a problem they must have been aware of if they're preparing a fix,it's odd the issue didn't show up whilst using my quad 306 which is why I thought it must be the Cambridge 651w, you live n learn eh

I'm Geoff.

The Quad 306 has pretty high input sensitivity. You probably didn't have the levels as high for the same volume.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The Quad 306 has pretty high input sensitivity. You probably didn't have the levels as high for the same volume.
    Very possibly,at least it's another one of life's niggles I'll be able to cross off the list

I'm James.

New firmware released and installed,

I'm Taz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    New firmware released and installed,
    How you finding the update, has it sorted the cut out James?

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    How you finding the update, has it sorted the cut out James?
    Hi Taz, yes all sorted, took about 5 minutes, cocktail audio in Korea were very helpful

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast