+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Bose Soundwave

I'm Simon.

This is funny too when he says what do I do with my non apple phone. She says 'you throw it the f--k away'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOtC9QfXac

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I'm afraid that, for me, the humour and vocabulary/drawl was rather too 'American stilted'... So after less than a minute, it did my tits in, and switched it the f*ck off!

Reminds me of why I hate The Simpsons/South Park/Family Guy, etc......

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Hi

I remember an elderly couple selling a Sondek, Creek amplifiers, Index speakers and other bits of bobs because they were buying a Soundwave to put on a bookshelf.

I thought it was a bit strange but we all nodded along because we were buying the used equipment.

I understood her need for convenience and compactness. Some people want an all in one unit but I dont really see the hassle with a couple of small speakers and playing units

My view having briefy heard the Bose is that you would be better with something like a Denon Mini system or quality separates. I hold the view that the money would be better spent elsewhere for a real pride of ownership.

Everybody makes their choice but the Bose just upsets my sensibilities when I think there is better value for money out there

Best wishes

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'm afraid that, for me, the humour and vocabulary/drawl was rather too 'American stilted'... So after less than a minute, it did my tits in, and switched it the f*ck off!

Reminds me of why I hate The Simpsons/South Park/Family Guy, etc......

Marco.
    Actually, if you give Family Guy a chance, you'll find that its creator, Seth MacFarlane, has a surprisingly Anglicised sense of humour!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I've tried Adam, trust me, but I just don't 'get' it... Not my thing at all, soz.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not just fools, but subservient SHEEP, who subconsciously have been fooled by the forces of marketing.... BUT - that's why these companies spend millions of pounds every year on such, in order to 'implant' their brand name in the minds of the general public, and once successfully done, is almost impossible to shift!

Marco.
    now that reminds me of a certain record player i USED to own
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

LP12?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

What else could it have been?
    Barry

I'm jamie.

lol what barry said!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Rich.

Mum and Dad have a Bose Soundwave radio thing in their kitchen at home. They showed me it and were a bit crestfallen when I didn't look impressed. They'd bought it via an ad in the Sunday papers. I said they could have spent half the money in a mini system from Richers which would have been better. Anyway, they're happy enough. They listen to Radio 4 on it, Dad is pretty deaf anyway after a lifetime in sheet metal work.

Was over at my wife's cousin's place in Florida a while ago and her husband had a home cinema set up, all Bose surround etc. Must have spent a small fortune on it, he's wealthy so probably didn't really worry about costs. We watched a few movies in it and it was certainly fun, boom, bang, whizz, whoosh and all the rest. Again, he was happy enough. I wouldn't want to listen to music on it though.

As for smartphones, well I use mine a lot for music. I travel with work and with a good pair of headphones that and a Spotify account keeps me sane on the go. Especially when staying away from home when I video call with my wife, nosy at social media, organise band rehearsals via messenger etc. Also handy for movies and vids, iPlayer, YouTube etc. To me it's star trek tech, stuff I dreamt about as a youngster. Sitting at Nebo yesterday adding things to my playlists I listen to this week, instantly buying CDs via my Amazon app. No its not a patch on my hifi for enjoyment but certainly gives me enough musical enjoyment and I wouldn't be without.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast