+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bose Soundwave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    People have them because you can use them for the internet when out and about. That's why I got one. In fact I've got two. The sat nav has come in handy on a few occasions as well. If you are on contract you get a new one every 2 years, doesn't cost any extra. Also doubles up as a personal stereo, most new cars you can plug it straight into the dash, no need to have tapes or cds in the car anymore. There are lots of purely practical reasons to have one, just like the original mobile phones, bloody useful inventions.
    Ive got lots of them .. I get my sons hand me downs.handy for spotify and chromecast too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Miles View Post
    Remember the BOSE 901?
    Yes. I rather liked the original first model.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    know a few women who have show kitchens and cant cook. show houses tbh. give me a working kitchen any day.
    ...or at least if you have a 'show kitchen', then use the bloody thing for what it was intended for! When finished, ours will be reasonably 'showy', but it'll be cooked in plenty, that's for sure

'Show houses' are simply for shallow, materialistic morons.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ...or at least if you have a 'show kitchen', then use the bloody thing for what it was intended for! When finished, ours will be reasonably 'showy', but it'll be cooked in plenty, that's for sure

'Show houses' are simply for shallow, materialistic morons.

Marco.
    as you saw, mine aint one of them lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

My home is a 'show house'. It shows what a mess and shambles can be achieved with a bit of application!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    People have them because you can use them for the internet when out and about. That's why I got one. In fact I've got two. The sat nav has come in handy on a few occasions as well. If you are on contract you get a new one every 2 years, doesn't cost any extra. Also doubles up as a personal stereo, most new cars you can plug it straight into the dash, no need to have tapes or cds in the car anymore. There are lots of purely practical reasons to have one, just like the original mobile phones, bloody useful inventions.
    So how did we manage to live perfectly fine before without them? And ok, I hear you, but not so that they end up controlling your life. Do you walk about in public 'glued' to your phone, bumping into folk in the process, and treat it almost as if it were an extension to your limbs? I think (or at least hope) not....

Do you leave it switched on, even when you're asleep, so that you don't miss anything 'vital' from your Twitter feed? Twits indeed... If ever anything was so aptly named, it's that!!

Then there are the loons, fatally afflicted with a manic obsession of always needing to own the latest, 'bestest', most desirable (read as the one to be 'seen with') phone, whilst relegating their previous 'bestest' one (purchased only months ago) to the status of landfill....

Don't get me started on that idiocy!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    as you saw, mine aint one of them lol
    It's perfectly clean though, and there's nothing wrong with it. I wouldn't worry, as neither Del or I are the type to judge folk on the kind of house they live in.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So how did we manage to live, perfectly ok, before without them? And ok, I hear you, but not so that they end up controlling your life. Do you walk about in public 'glued' to yours, bumping into folk in the process, and treat it almost as if it were an extension to your limbs? I think (or at least hope) not....

Do you leave it switched on when you're asleep, so that you don't miss anything 'vital' from your Twitter feed? Twits indeed... If ever anything was so aptly named, it's that!!

Then there are the loons, fatally afflicted with a manic obsession of always needing to own the latest, 'bestest', most desirable (read as the one to be 'seen' with) phone, whilst relegating their previous 'bestest' one (purchased only months ago) to the status of landfill....

Don't get me started on that idiocy!

Marco.
    I was on the train the other day, 6 other people in the carriage with me, all of them looking at their 'phones. And yes, the knobs walking around the streets engrossed in them as well, there are few. Worst are the ones who are looking at them whilst driving, in a traffic queue or at the lights, who don't notice that they need to move up or that the lights have changed. They should be dragged out of their cars and beaten to death.

Yes we got by fine without them but we got by 'fine' without washing machines, vacuum cleaners, cars, central heating, double glazing and so on. Doesn't make them bad things, they are all worth having. Are you going to sell your car because we got on fine before they were invented?

For most people technology enhances their lives, it doesn't control their lives. I'm not into this whole 'looking down at the masses with a sense of superiority' shtick. There's been too much of this calling other people stupid recently. You can always read PFM if you want more of that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Timothy.

I thought about the original post here, and also where as most things Bose ends up heading off to. I hesitate to really even discuss(?)the Bose thing anyway, because we are coming from it at a whole different perspective in some respects. Bare with me a bit, or not....obviously nothing new here will be said.

We all know most anything Bose makes is overpriced for what it is, and basically very little material value goes into most of it. That is and has been a given for the most part.

It is most certainly about the marketing angle they have cornered, and I think probably that is the source of a lot of the issue too, especially when we are coming from the specialized side of things audio. And we are on the AOS site for a reason. But....Bose does fill an obvious niche, a place in the market that certainly isn't our own by any means.

Most of the people-even friends, yes, some of mine do or have owned Bose of some type or another, just want a simple plug and play setup that just works. And I have to say, Bose does have a fairly good reputation for things just working and decent support, dare I say better than some of the HiEnd bullshit we have seen or witnessed for ourselves? At the end of the day, these folks just enjoy their music and video, and chose not to faff around with cables, interconnects of this type, tube swap-out/rolling, gear swapping and endless trails of boxes, wires and what have you. Even I could probably learn a little bit about just sitting back and enjoying the music versus faffing about. But yes, I get it, it is part of the hobby-and I dare call it a hobby really.

I think what is funny in a twisted way, is that a lot of us folks in general will go to great lengths to say how incredibly foolish it is for a person to plonk down big money for Bose, and go on to rubbish the sound quality etc. But I think a lot of folks on the other side of things, could equally talk about how we "audiophiles" plonk down huge, and I dare say, much more money in a given period of time, for the pursuit of "better sound" as well. We all are fairly easy targets by the main stream. And all of us know that one can always buy better, get better for X number of dollars/pounds etc. Even in our own group, I am sure someone has said to you at one time or another, you could have paid a lot less and got as good, if not better sound out of XYZ...

And I suppose with my little post here, my main thought coming away from it all is this, is it not better for someone to just enjoy music period, no matter what it is played on? I enjoy music on a simple clock radio, and yes, it is obviously different than sitting in front of my system in the main room.

And yes, there are those Bose believers that can be as obnoxious and sheep-like as us audiophools, and it too can be annoying. In the end, we should though just be happy for those that are enjoying music, that is what it is all about, not Bose, not Croft, Yamaha etc.

Anyway, I am not sure what the heck I was even trying to get across, but thanks for letting me bore you all to tears...carry on, in the end it is all good, just let the music play.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    And I suppose with my little post here, my main thought coming away from it all is this, is it not better for someone to just enjoy music period, no matter what it is played on? I enjoy music on a simple clock radio, and yes, it is obviously different than sitting in front of my system in the main room.
    You have a good point. I enjoy music from my PC speakers and they are certainly not 'Hi-Fi'!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast