+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bose Soundwave

I'm Martyn.

I run a small, very high quality PA system.

When I install it in a venue I am often asked why I'm not using the installed PA system.
    "Because it's made by Bose." I answer.

They often come back and say, "The guy who fitted it says BOSE are 'The Best.'
    Surely you've heard the BOSE Waveguide Radio?"

At this point I turn and put my JBL Control 5 speakers on their stands...

Bullshit really does sell excrement.
    Last edited by Martyn Miles; 05-05-2017 at 07:02.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ha - not seen that for a while!

Let's put it this way: a Bose 'Soundwave' is about as good as a Crosley record player.

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Dave.

A couple of friends of mine have a wave. To them it sounds great, as before the BOSE, they had several of those catalogue micro system things. The one's which sound like a tin can. So to them it has a nice full sound with Bass, to me it sounds muddled. The main thing more than the sound, is the usual no wires etc , and looks neat.
    I have said to them why not buy a Ruark R4, as much better in sound, and looks, but no, Bose being a known brand is king.... fools.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

Thumbs down Brainwashed by 'the badge'...

Not just fools, but subservient SHEEP, who subconsciously have been fooled by the forces of marketing.... BUT - that's why these companies spend millions of pounds every year on such, in order to 'implant' their brand name in the minds of the general public, and once successfully done, is almost impossible to shift!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Rob.

People I worked with over the years, knowing my hobby used to ask me which was the best hifi to buy. They were often interested in B&O, but couldn't afford it. "Isn't Bose supposed to be the best out there" Yes, I would say and they went away happy
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not just fools, but subservient SHEEP, who subconsciously have been fooled by the forces of marketing.... BUT - that's why these companies spend millions of pounds every year on such, in order 'implant' their brand name in the minds of the general public, and once successfully done, is almost impossible to shift!

Marco.
    You see the Bosewave advertised in magazines (normally those magazines such as Saga) where there is never any indication as to price. Is there a recc retail price or is it like the farcical "Double Glazing" fiasco where the "price" is what they can get away with....Oh, i'll see if we can do better than that....i'll just ring my manager......
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

I'm Martin.

I don't think anyone I work with have heard of B&O or Bose - I'll have to ask them. They know what my hobby is but the only thing they ever ask is why I don't just use an iPod or a smartphone, they don't understand the purpose of having anything more than that.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not just fools, but subservient SHEEP, who subconsciously have been fooled by the forces of marketing.... BUT - that's why these companies spend millions of pounds every year on such, in order to 'implant' their brand name in the minds of the general public, and once successfully done, is almost impossible to shift!

Marco.
    Where can I buy one of these Bose things?
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    People I worked with over the years, knowing my hobby used to ask me which was the best hifi to buy. They were often interested in B&O, but couldn't afford it. "Isn't Bose supposed to be the best out there" Yes, I would say and they went away happy
    Lol - far better to have told the truth and burst that particular bubble!

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't think anyone I work with have heard of B&O or Bose - I'll have to ask them. They know what my hobby is but the only thing they ever ask is why I don't just use an iPod or a smartphone, they don't understand the purpose of having anything more than that.
    Ask them if they think they've been brainwashed by marketing, or simply follow trends for the sake of it, and see what they say. It'd be interesting to know what their answer would be....

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast