+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bose Soundwave

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

Yes with enough advertising in the sunday magazines there seems to be a market. Its money people will pay and they get a big enough sound from a compact unit. I dont want to sound patronising but the candle test and enhanced sound from a small speaker will do it for them

My parents have never really wanted anything more than a cheaper mini system in their living room. They have even downgraded from a little Sony system to some Technika? micro system. They even found the speakers so poor with the Technika that they kept the Sony speakers. I was apalled but I dont say anything. I think they are in the supermarkets for £70 and you really dont get much for that sort of money. It makes a noise and thats all they want it to do with a cd brought through from the kitchen.

In a way I would rather thay had bought a Bose...at least £500 shows some commitment

I tried.... oh boy I tried to introduce them to a decent system but they really arent interested. In the distant past I at least got him to buy a Philips cd player Arcam amp etc but they hardly used it before it got shuffled off to the loft.

I spend my life being disappointed. I walked into a large house in Royal Deeside. I thought they may have a nice hi fi only to be greeted by an Aiwa micro system.

I accept there is a market for such items but they just make me think of landfill purchases. I do have a mini Hitachi system in a work room but the key point is that is was £15 from the charity shop and it gets left on DAB for hours at a time.
    It looks like a couple of micro separates stacked but the digital amp is very dodgy and the cd player packed up before I bought it. I dont have to switch main systems on and it makes a reasonable noise for less concentrated listening. Its better than a portable radio and sounds ok for what it is (as long as x bass or preset tones are off) I wouldnt have paid anywhere near the the RRP price for it though. Its too near the next decent stage up with a Denon for example. When it goes kaput I will throw it in the recycling bin.

I think when companies like Denon started working with Mission a good mini system could be bought for a reasonable price....Onkyo or anything similar would be a better buy than the Soundwave.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 10-05-2017 at 18:36.

+ Reply to Thread