+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, first post from aertex in Australia

I'm Alan.

Default Hello, first post from aertex in Australia

Hi to all on AOS. I have been a very silent member (for no particular reason) for a while now, whilst reading some fine treads and posts. This is a great forum, a credit to all involved and I hope to be more active in it down the track

We all have a story and mine in audio goes back around 20 odd years now, although it seems like not that long ago....I am living in Australia on the west coast and have put together one or 2 systems by now always intent on moving onto something better-I'm sure that sounds very familiar to most of you here

Where the journey has taken me now is basically tubes, higher efficiency speakers/drivers (and particularly horns), digital with a growing dash of vinyl, and an even increasing appreciation for good quality silver cables (most recent fetish) and attainment of lively, refined, natural sound

Thats enough from me now. Thank you and we will meet again on these pages. Cheers,
    Alan

I'm Richie.

where in WA, alan?

I'm Geoff.

Hi Alan. Welcome to AOS.

I can see you joined rather a while ago. Glad you're joining in now.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to chat with members about, there's a lot going on.

Your choice of equipment sounds interesting. How about some photos for our Gallery?

(by the way, can you please add your name and location to your profile....thanks)

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Hi guys, sorry for slow response-to be honest I didnt really expect any interest!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    where in WA, alan?
    I am in Bunbury, 160km south of Perth. Nice coastal town, but can be too quiet for me on the audio front
    Last edited by aertex; 06-05-2017 at 14:13. Reason: cant spell where I live!!

I'm Alan.

Hi Geoff, thanks for that. I have fixed the name and locaton bit. I am still trying to get familair with navigating around this forum. All audio forums are a little different to come to terms with. I am trying to respond to a "for sale" ad but cant figure out how to do so without posting on ad. I would prefer to pm or email but I cant work out how to

Yes i joined about 6-7yrs ago now but always looking and never posting, to date. I do plan to be more active here

I do have a lot of gear generally and although I have a system running now, it will slowly make way to a multi channel horn system. I will try and post what Iam listening to now.....but the arrangement of it is not pretty, I can tell you. the room is being moved around
    etc, etc
    all the best
    Alan

I'm Richie.

Quote Originally Posted by aertex View Post
    Hi guys, sorry for slow response-to be honest I didnt really expect any interest!!!!!!

I am in Bunbury, 160km south of Perth. Nice coastal town, but can be too quiet for me on the audio front
    I grew up in fremantle. my folks moved to busselton a few weeks ago.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by aertex View Post
    I am trying to respond to a "for sale" ad but cant figure out how to do so without posting on ad. I would prefer to pm or email but I cant work out how to

Alan
    You need a few more posts for the PM facility to start working. Five in total I believe.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    I grew up in fremantle. my folks moved to busselton a few weeks ago.
    Freo (Dockers!) and Busso hey! Thats incredible. Well, you know where Bunbury is then, I'm sure. SE London is a far cry from sunny west coast OZ-what took you to UK? I have a niece form Sydney living and working in London somewhere-not sure where

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You need a few more posts for the PM facility to start working. Five in total I believe.
    Thanks Geoff. I didnt realise that so will have to rack up my quota I guess. I will reply to his ad in the ad then...if I can do that

I'm Grant.

Should have enough now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast