+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Led Zeppelin 1, 11 & 4 Original v Modern RePress

I'm Paul.

Default Led Zeppelin 1, 11 & 4 Original v Modern RePress

Hi all

A question for those of you that have both the original and the Modern RePress on 180gm Vinyl

How do they compare.

I lost my original copies many years ago and just picked up the latest versions and although the originals were played on equipment that was very inferior to what I have today, the reproduction sounds like something is missing.

Obviously it might be my old equipment coloured the output so much I never really knew what it should sound like, or I am remembering the sound with rose tinted headphone

So anyone with both how do they compare on your current system.

Thanks for any input on this

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm shahrin.

i have the new 4. Its superb. theres a 'companion LP' - same songs different recordings or something - the Stairway on it is simply stupendous.
    Also have the new Physical Graffiti - now that is a huge disappointment.
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

I'm Shaun.

I have the new Zepp I and Zepp II but to be honest it is so long since I heard the originals I cannot really compare. I do though love these re-issues.

I'm Dave.

I find 1 remaster is good, very similar to the original. 3 I found very disappointing and much prefer the original or jap pressing. Because of that I stuck with my jap pressings of 2,4 and graffiti. I found the 'energy' or 'drama' was missing with the remasters. Perhaps a bit too polite.

I'm Paul.

Too polite, that is a good way of describing it, thought it might have been the old equipment I used to have colouring the sound too much but was not shure.

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Mike.

I have just bought the 40th Anniversary 180g remaster of Physical Graffiti and quite frankly it's shocking. I only played one side and that was painful. The sound is just flat and noisy, lacking any atmosphere and bass. It seems strange when my remasters of I & II are quite the opposite.

Mike
    Rega RP6/Tangospinner Darienzo/SRM-Tech Ultimate Upgrade/OM2 Black
    UC FLAC/NAS/Cyrus Stream XP2
    Croft Micro 25R/Series 7
    Mark Grant I/C's
    Spendor SP3/1R2
    BK XLS200 Sub

+ Reply to Thread