+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My set up

I'm Martin.

No I'm still in the foothills too. No-one ever actually gets to the summit.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I just keep meandering in the valleys! The odd step up and two steps down then for some unknown reason I'll just stupidly jump off a ledge!!

I'm Peter.

Have you heard a pair of well-sorted Es, Martin? The early ones Steve has are not the most pricey, but in many people's opinion are some of the best-sounding they ever made. Forget the 'high-efficiency' tag (that's more applicable to the current hemp-driver models) .... I suspect your baby Krell would be a perfect match, actually. Anyway, if you change your mind about Steve's offer, I'd be interested in coming up to help/hinder

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Have you heard a pair of well-sorted Es, Martin? The early ones Steve has are not the most pricey, but in many people's opinion are some of the best-sounding they ever made.
    I completely agree with that.
    Above a surprisingly low price threshold AN/Es tend to get more and more coloured as the price goes up, ime and I've heard quite a few.
    Some AN/Es with the highest price tags that I have heard have been hugely flawed, unlistenable as far as I am concerned, but some relatively humble one (e.g. Jake / lordmortlock's old Es) were very musically enjoyable indeed.

I'm Martin.

Only heard them at shows, set up in the corners with full-on comedy bass hump.

Have never understood the attraction, or why they cost so much, I must be missing something I guess
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

Lovely system if it sounds as good as it looks then you are onto a winner.
    I do hope to listen to a Leben one day.
    Congrats and well done.

I'm Steve.

I'm still very torn regarding the little Decware SET even though I've listed it for sale.. I thought I had my mind set but it's just so charming and enjoyable within its limits. It's accepting the limits that my dilemma!

I'm Simon.

I Ike the finish of your speakers Steve. I think they call it tiger ebony? Some pro ac speakers I think in that similar finish.

I'm Steve.

Thanks Simon. I think it can be called that - Harbeth certainly call it that. The box says Aka Makassar.

I'm Paul.

Mouth watering system Steve. Lovely stuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast