+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My set up

I'm Steve.

Default My set up

I started around 20 years ago with a typical whathifi set up consisting of Audiolab electronics and mission speakers, then moved onto Rega and discovered Royds. I've then been through many pairs of Royd speakers and became a bit of a swapper. As a bachelor at the time, I enjoyed the thrill of trying new kit with no one to reign me and it was an enjoyable time. 20 years on and I guess I have a set of kit types that appeal to me. I like Harbeths, Audionotes, living voice driven by mainly EL84 valve amps. I guess that may make me more into a sound that I personally like rather than chasing high fidelity.
    lasy year I discovered WLM speakers and was hugely impressed..all that tone thing going on but fun too.

At present my source is a long standing Chevron Audio paradox NDF DAC clock linked to a Pioneer stable platter transport.

My amp is the basic common garden model of the Leben CS300. I've had a couple of these and I keep coming back to them. Just superb little amps that play music

Speakers are a pair of older slightly marked Audionote Es and my recently acquired WLM la Diva floorstanders which are currently being put through their paces.

I'm Steve.

I'm Grant.

The Diva's look nice things Steve. Not sure I'd call a Leben common.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm shahrin.

Nice
    i heard AN E s at Audionote room of an AV Show
    They were in the corners and sounded magnificent
    Are those full range units in those La Diva s ?
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Graham 1.5 / V15 III, Thorens td124 mk2 / 3012 S2 / SL15Q
    Marantz CD63, Squeezebox Touch, EDO applet, Gieseler Klein DAC
    Sanyo Plus Series C55, Nakamichi PA 7, NS1000M

I'm Steve.

They're a dual concentric type unit I believe. The Es are superb even though they're old, I'm not finding it easy to choose between the two.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The Diva's look nice things Steve. Not sure I'd call a Leben common.
    I'd never heard of them until Steve brought his along to MiBO. Seriously good amplifier, total cut above. Pricey, though.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

I've had three Martin...they can't be that rare
    You'll have to pop around one day matey

I'm Martin.

Aye we'll do that sometime when you have an afternoon free, send me a PM. Can't remember where you said you are now, was it out Milton way?
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Yep baddeley green

I'm Martin.

Just down the road a bit.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast