+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASBO TAS

I'm Paul.

There were Geoff, especially the nOhr Marble-9 which produced a massive sound for such a small speaker.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Steven.

Looks like a cracking show and system set up.

Is that a Denon DVD 2910 in the system?

I've heard some really good things about that DVD/CD player. I think it plays SACDs too.

How did it fair on the day? Did its sound improve through another DAC? Was the transport up for handling a better DAC?

If it was a belter, check this one out here for peanuts on fleabay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DENON-DVD-...38.m2548.l4275
    "Jingoism, racism, fear, religious fundamentalism: these are the ways of appealing to people if you're trying to organize a mass base of support for policies that are really intended to crush them".
    Noam Chomsky

Current set up:
    Benchmark LA4 pre-amplifier and AHB2 power amplifier
    Sony CDP-X707ES CD player
    Sony CDP-X505ES CD player
    Topping D90SE DAC
    Sony DVP-NS900V used as a transport only
    Technics SLPG-590 CD player used as a transport only
    Marantz CD6000SE CD player used as a transport only
    Revel Performa3 M105 speakers and matching stands
    Massdrop thxaaa 789 headphone amplifier
    Audeze LCD-XC (2021 Revision) Headphones
    Connecty things: Chord, Accuphase, QED, AoS 'Barry Special', silly cheap Chinese USB cable (AMAZING value hifi product)

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Accudazed View Post
    Looks like a cracking show and system set up.

Is that a Denon DVD 2910 in the system?

I've heard some really good things about that DVD/CD player. I think it plays SACDs too.

How did it fair on the day? Did its sound improve through another DAC? Was the transport up for handling a better DAC?

If it was a belter, check this one out here for peanuts on fleabay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DENON-DVD-...38.m2548.l4275
    Yes that's mine, it plays CD, SACD and DVD Audio and I actually thought it sounded better than the Pioneer stable platter player into the Beresford SEG DAC. We didn't use the Denon without the SEG.

We originally chose to use the Pinoeer as we thought it was be better sounding with the SEG and as the Denon was having a bit of a hissie fit playing certain CD's. Not sure why, but I forgot batteries for the remote so couldn't play around to sort it out.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    Yes that's mine, it plays CD, SACD and DVD Audio and I actually thought it sounded better than the Pioneer stable platter player into the Beresford SEG DAC. We didn't use the Denon without the SEG.

We originally chose to use the Pinoeer as we thought it was be better sounding with the SEG and as the Denon was having a bit of a hissie fit playing certain CD's. Not sure why, but I forgot batteries for the remote so couldn't play around to sort it out.
    I rarely use the Denon now so will probably sell it, assuming there isn't a permanent fault with it playing CD's.

I'm Paul.

For more information on the equipment used and the ASBO itself, you can find here:

http://theaudiostandard.net/thread/3...hotos-comments

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12