+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beresford 7520 - passive output mod - variable level output - any sound degradation?

I'm Sam.

Question Beresford 7520 - passive output mod - variable level output - any sound degradation?

I've just got the Beresford 7520 and I've done the 5 minute passive output mod. I have some 3.3uf Nichicon FWs in there (had them lying around), but also have some Nichicon MUSE 47ufs coming.

I have a query:

I like the sound of the pre-amp on my Sansui AU-317 so I don't want to go straight into the Sansui power amp from the Beresford. However, the variable output on the Beresford gives me better fine control of the volume on the AU-317.

Now that I've done the passive mod, is it 'OK' to use the variable output from the Beresford into the pre-amp of the Sansui (AUX) or am I degrading the signal? Should I still be using the line output into the Sansui?

(The problem with using the line output is that the level is a bit high for the Sansui and I can't put the Sansui volume above about notch 3 - plus the Sansui has an annoying notched volume which can bee too loud or too quiet!)

Thanks all.

The variable output is still the best way to go in your case.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    The variable output is still the best way to go in your case.
    Cheers Stan - very much enjoying your work (even if it is from 2010).

Now I have some clarity caps to try too - the passive output mod is an audio fiddler's dream/nightmare!

+ Reply to Thread