+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope John Higgins wins his 5th world snooker title.

I'm Simon.

I had a snooker cue made by John Parris or Parris cues. Most of the pros use his cues. He has a shop and workshop in Forrest hill. Cost an arm and a leg though.

https://www.parriscues.com/

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    Definetly agree. It's a buzz when you are on a break and don't think you'll miss. My highest break is 125 but that was some time ago now. Nowadays I usually get 30s to 40s if I play a lot.
    always thought I was going to miss....and usually did Top break was 48. Good enough for my league level. Like footballers, as you get older you change positions so I went into Dominos'
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

4 ball plant! 'Ave it!

Knew I should have put some money on him.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Peter.

Definetly agree. It's a buzz when you are on a break and don't think you'll miss. My highest break is 125 but that was some time ago now. Nowadays I usually get 30s to 40s if I play a lot.
    Impressed ...

Last time I played, me and my mate looked at the scoreboard after playing for half an hour, and it was reading 23-27, and we realised that almost all of both our scores were 'four aways'

Hope Higgins wins, but Selby is an incredible competitor ... Rasputin-like when it comes to trying to finish him off.

I'm Richard.

I had a snooker cue made by John Parris or Parris cues. Most of the pros use his cues. He has a shop and workshop in Forrest hill. Cost an arm and a leg though

That's because you've only got one arm & one leg.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny nocash View Post
    I had a snooker cue made by John Parris or Parris cues. Most of the pros use his cues. He has a shop and workshop in Forrest hill. Cost an arm and a leg though

That's because you've only got one arm & one leg.
    Interesting, I suppose you only need one arm and one leg but you wouldn't be very balanced. Lol. 😀

I'm Richard.

Who's your money on now Simon?

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny nocash View Post
    Who's your money on now Simon?
    Selby has better powers of concentration being younger and has greater confidence with loads of ranking titles behind him this season. So I reckon he can easily win 1.5-2 frames for every one Higgins wins. I see this going selbys way now

Unless Higgins rises to the occasion and plays no miss snooker, Selby will win, but I doubt that because I think it's not necessarily he hasn't won ranking titles as to why he can't win the wsc - he won 3 or 4 non ranking events last season, I think it's more to do with his powers on concentration and confidence under extreme pressure, which naturally goes as snooker players get into their forties unless you are Ronnie O'Sullivan! So with the pressure too, selby will cope better and he won it last year too so has more recent experience to draw on, to play under pressure.

I hope Higgins does win because on his top form his snooker is so much better to watch. Selby will get out of position and doesn't often win as many frames in one visit to a hendry, Higgins, O'Sullivan etc on top form. Higgins would have converted some clearances yesterday on his younger form and easily be 7 frames ahead now.

I'm martin.

B been playing every Sunday night for 20? years with a couple of mates, hardly improved my game but I suppose less alcohol and more concentration might help but it's only for fun.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Mark.

I hope Selby wins, because he comes from the shitty Council Estate in Leicester that my wife grew up on!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast