Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
Yes, good speakers, they don't sit on the sound. Can see the PM7200 being a good match with them.
Yes I first saw the Minstrels in the mid 90s. I remember thinking they looked strange and the designer Joe Ackroyd had some bottle pitching them amongst all the beech multi driver floorstanders that were popular at the time.

The drivers looked funny and uneven (designed for anti standing resonance) and some commented that they didnt look up to the job. I could hear they were impressive when I heard them though.

I should have bought a pair far sooner. I had some MA352s at the time and always remember being busy working or skint

The 7200 is interesting and I only paid £200 for it brand new in a deal from Superfi. I went in for a NAD and they persuaded me the Marantz was a good deal with the 7300 cd player. I dont really put it with the Minstrels at the moment but I swap things round with the Conistons when I want to try them. I try some Celestion 3s and have some Gemini 12" pa speakers which actually sound quite good at low volumes. Its not exactly straight path with everything but the kitchen sink inside the box but it sounds ok in class A....a nice smooth amp which handles things fairly well

Im not saying any of my stuff is high end but I buy well for what I want at the time

Best wishes
Martin