+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SA-750D users, what DIN do you use?

I'm Hugo.

Default SA-750D users, what DIN do you use?

I've been considering the Jelco, but from what I understand it needs to have a 5 pin DIN -> RCA connected to it. Jelco seems to sell these in 2 formats: Straight DIN and right angle DIN.

Which cable fits when used on a SL-1200 mk2?

I'm Hugo.

Straight plug is the simple answer. That aside, I do recommend giving Jelco's own cables a mighty swerve, particularly the pink Neglex versions, since they sound a tad 'uninspiring'. You can get much better sound for less money from a number of cable suppliers and a tonearm cable is not particularly difficult to make yourself.

blackstar Guest

Very interesting Hugo. I use the boggo Jelco DIN and wondered where it featured in the order of things.

I'm Peter.

Hi Milo.

Not tried the 501, 502 etc, but did have the cheaper, budget ('Eco'?) one ... had plastic red and white rca plugs. An Audio Origami cable was a noticable upgrade in terms of hearing fine detail.

blackstar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Hi Milo.

Not tried the 501, 502 etc, but did have the cheaper, budget ('Eco'?) one ... had plastic red and white rca plugs. An Audio Origami cable was a noticable upgrade in terms of hearing fine detail.
    Hi Peter, the arm is behaving impeccably by the way! My cable has some quite heavy duty metal RCA plugs but is definitely entry level. I'm thinking of going down the Yannis Tome route, entry level of course!

I'm Hugo.

For 'budget' tonearm cables, I do recommend those made with Van Damme Classic XKE Pro-Patch cable, which is what Audio Origami use. It was an Audio Origami cable that showed me how much music the pink Jelco Neglex cable was shutting out!

I'm Peter.

Glad you're happy with the 750 ... one of hifi's real bargains imo.
    PM sent.

I'm Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    For 'budget' tonearm cables, I do recommend those made with Van Damme Classic XKE Pro-Patch cable, which is what Audio Origami use. It was an Audio Origami cable that showed me how much music the pink Jelco Neglex cable was shutting out!
    I have a spare one of the above, fitted with a straight plug and KLE Harmony rca phono connectors, will post it in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

Nigel

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    I have a spare one of the above, fitted with a straight plug and KLE Harmony rca phono connectors, will post it in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

Nigel
    This is a very good cable, I use one and found significant benefits.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Straight plug is the simple answer. That aside, I do recommend giving Jelco's own cables a mighty swerve, particularly the pink Neglex versions, since they sound a tad 'uninspiring'. You can get much better sound for less money from a number of cable suppliers and a tonearm cable is not particularly difficult to make yourself.
    Tell me more, please.

The cost of the cable itself practically turned me off the Jelco shortly after posting this. It's hard to justify spending $200 on a cable for a $600 tonearm. I always figured I could just DIY one up or at least buy a generic cable, but the only connectors I could find are the cardas ones, which themselves aren't exactly a bargain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast