+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega Apollo R

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Shane.

Default Rega Apollo R

Currently looking out for an Exposure 2010S CD Player. If I fail on sourcing one, then I might possibly consider the Apollo R.

Is the Apollo R still highly regarded?

S.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I had the Apollo (non R) for a short time but to be fair I didn't rate it very highly in my system and sold it on pretty quickly even though it had fantastic reviews at the time

Don't know if that helps

I did own a Rega Dac for a while and that was very good indeed and only bettered by the AN Dac 1x Signature
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dave.

I sell a lot of Rega CD players and often to people who have heard several other makes before making the choice. They are far more 'analogue' than most.

I'm Rob.

I use mine as a transport to my M2Tech Young DAC. I really like it. I like the fact that there are so few moving parts to go wrong (my Teac VRDS 7 draw mechanism failed - so I was looking for a simpler mechanism in its replacement). Sound quality is fine, but as I use it just as a transport I'm not convinced the drive makes a significant deference. It's compact, well made, and with a nice simple drive mechanism. Perfect for my needs.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm nick.

I had a Rega Apollo R in my system for a couple of years. I ran it with Naim amps. I rated it quite highly compared to other CD players i have had. Probably because it does have a more 'analog' sound to it. Agree with previous comment on that. I think for the money if you can find a used one it's well worth it.

I'm Chris.

I have owned 2 Rega Apollo Rs with a Denon DCD520AE CD player in-between. The Apollo R isn't quite as detailed as the Denon but has a lively engaging sound that times beautifully and is also something you can relax to. It has musical flow is spades and I reckon Dave W knows a thing or two and he told me he hasn't heard anything better for less than four times its price or this side of a Rega Saturn R.

In this day of exorbitant hifi prices it is nice to find something that is well made and importantly well supported in England and is also exceptional value for money.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm123 View Post
    I have owned 2 Rega Apollo Rs with a Denon DCD520AE CD player in-between. The Apollo R isn't quite as detailed as the Denon but has a lively engaging sound that times beautifully and is also something you can relax to. It has musical flow is spades and I reckon Dave W knows a thing or two and he told me he hasn't heard anything better for less than four times its price or this side of a Rega Saturn R.

In this day of exorbitant hifi prices it is nice to find something that is well made and importantly well supported in England and is also exceptional value for money.

S.

I'm Shane.

Just acquired one. Listening through headphones at the moment. Nice CD Player!

Sounds slightly similar to the ''orignal'' Rega Planet. With more detail, and bass is more solid/focused etc.

S.

I'm Hugo.

Your mistake was selling me that original Planet!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Your mistake was selling me that original Planet!

You just can't shut up about that damn Planet!

S.

+ Reply to Thread