Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
I always run the power amp straight into the wall socket. IME sticking any socket board in between the power amp and the wall socket degrades performance noticeably.
Where possible I would agree.

I use Mark Grant power strips and find them to be a good way of having kit plugged in ready to go. I also have an old Russ Andrews Kimber one into which my analogue kit is plugged. I also run some MK metal box units which I made into power strips.

My experience to date with re generators and filters is they tend to mess with the sound. There are pluses but there are also negatives as in I feel dynamics often sound sat on and truncated + I have heard treble roll off as well, as such I don't use any of these. Of course there is always one that doesn't do that but I have yet to hear one.

One little tweak you can do is if the power strip has a light in it, and you can safely remove it, then do so. I have heard this improve sound. I can only assume that the light flickering introduces noise. Best of all is a power strip with no light in it.