+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yorkshiremans gear 2017

I'm Phil.

just a thought , if money was tight , you could operate your cd2 very well indeed using your vbs which has 3 outputs . and sell the vbl which would be redundant . be worth experimenting one day
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/ proac studio 125

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    just a thought , if money was tight , you could operate your cd2 very well indeed using your vbs which has 3 outputs . and sell the vbl which would be redundant . be worth experimenting one day
    That did cross my mind. I will have to experiment

Interesting little article on pre amps, may have to give the little glasshouse a try
    CD:- Bel Canto CD2 Player & VBS psu(mods by Mr.C)
    DAC:- Bel Canto DAC 3.5mkIIvb & VBL psu
    Pre Amp:- Trafomatic Reference One Line Pre
    Amplification:- Herron Audio M1A Monoblocks
    Loudspeakers:- Audio Physic Sitara
    Cables:- Coherent Cables - 4D & 5D.
    Other Items:- Isotek GII Mini Sub mains conditioner, Power Cables :- Missing Link Cryo Reference & PS Audio AC-5, Optimum Equipment Stand

I'm Phil.

yes I know the vbl theoretically is better to use it on its own with the cd2 but I used my cd2 very effectively using the vbs . I know tony will probably disagree with this though !!
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/ proac studio 125

I'm Mark.

Well thanks to Phil (hifinutt) for his advice, and pointing me in the direction of a Music First Audio pre amp, thanks Phil.

I now have a pre in they system and wow what a difference it has made,
    I was very sceptical about what a passive / tvc could add, but I have been very supprised, im loving it.

And now one of the inside

Last edited by Yorkshireman; 11-07-2017 at 08:01.
    Other Items:- Isotek GII Mini Sub mains conditioner, Power Cables :- Missing Link Cryo Reference & PS Audio AC-5, Optimum Equipment Stand

I'm Geoff.

Funny that. Many seem to disregard TVC pre-amps, but I'd not part with mine, it sounds wonderful.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Funny that. Many seem to disregard TVC pre-amps, but I'd not part with mine, it sounds wonderful.
    Geoff, Ive had it in the system for 2-3 weeks now and cannot fault it at all, give a nice sweet sound, with great bass extension, and very nice highs.
    Must admit I wasnt convinced how a load of wire (as in the tvc) could possible add anything, but I was very pleasantly supprised.

I'm Phil.

so pleased you could get it , i do love mfa amps

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    so pleased you could get it , i do love mfa amps
    Phil, its transformed the sound

I have also changed the VBS & VBL over, and with the VBL now feeding the DAC the soundstage has open up more with each instrument becoming clearer than before, with more tone and texture ovrall, bass has also tighten up.

Feeding the signal from the DAC to the MFA pre via XLR has also enhanced the sound, over using RCA cables

I'm Phil.

i guess because the xlr gives out more power

XLR 5.5Vrms or 7. RCA 2.75Vrms outputs

good suggestion re the vbl just feeding the dac

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234