+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yorkshiremans gear 2017

I'm Mark.

Default Yorkshiremans gear 2017

Hi

Just thought i would share a pic (very bad phone pic in bad light) of my system as it stands now.

Wall colour to be changed soon

Out go the Leema Acoustics Dac and power amps,
    and in come a Bel Canto 2.5 DAC and a pair of Herron Audio M1A Mono blocks.

Sound wise this is a massive improvement in sound, much more musical, better tone, depth, seperation, tighter low end and sweeter highs, more detail.

Very happy

Last edited by Yorkshireman; 11-07-2017 at 08:00.

I'm Phil.

I saw those heron for sale so glad you have them . glad its sounding good . I use the bc 3.5 vbs , I just wondered if you use a pre in the system as I find the bc dac is much more musical with a good pre in the system. I have tried many times using the bc straight into my msb power amp [class A] but always end up using a pre which makes a MASSIVE difference
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    I saw those heron for sale so glad you have them . glad its sounding good . I use the bc 3.5 vbs , I just wondered if you use a pre in the system as I find the bc dac is much more musical with a good pre in the system. I have tried many times using the bc straight into my msb power amp [class A] but always end up using a pre which makes a MASSIVE difference
    No i just use the dac straight into the power amps, i will have to look at borrowing a pre from someone and having a listen, what would you suggest trying ?
    I'm very pleased with the Herrons, and got a great deal on them, such a big improvement on the Leema amps and dac.

I'm Phil.

well a music first pre amp will blow you away . I once had a friend with some fabulous b&w 803 in a huge room . powered by a bc dac 3 into some ref 1000 . yes it was good , detailed and all that . but just a tad digital .

his wife was a musician and we put this mfa into the system and immediately the soundstage was widened and massive , in fact some parts of the room shook

there are quite a few mentioned here

http://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/12...p-solid-state/

there is of course the bc pre 3 vbs if you can find a well priced one . no more than 700-900 pounds . which will go into your vbs .

I just adore trying out pre amps , I am currently blown away by one but its a tad expensive and not really an option I guess [ grandinote proemio]
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Mark.

Thanks for the info and recommendations I will do some research.

I'm Mark.

Just added a Coherent 5D AES Digital cable, and the difference is amazing, sound stage has opened up, instruments and voices are better separated, bass is better defined, all together a smoother presentation.

I'm Alan.

Really glad you are getting superb results with the direction you have chosen to go Mark.

Happy days

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Really glad you are getting superb results with the direction you have chosen to go Mark.

Happy days
    Thanks Alan, I'm still hopeful, of persuading her to go with a vinyl setup at sometime in the future and one of your phono stages, but at the moment the CD system is sounding sweet.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireman View Post
    Thanks Alan, I'm still hopeful, of persuading her to go with a vinyl setup at sometime in the future and one of your phono stages, but at the moment the CD system is sounding sweet.
    Nice looking set up and I like the look of your speakers. Some nice wooden racks would really set off the look even more I'd say. Hi fi racks maybe. Happy listening

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    Nice looking set up and I like the look of your speakers. Some nice wooden racks would really set off the look even more I'd say. Hi fi racks maybe. Happy listening
    Simon, im working on a design to make a wooden rack, my either going to use oak or maybe an ash ply which is weight loaded or even a combination of both, still in the design stage at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast