+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yorkshiremans gear 2017

I'm Phil.

just a thought , if money was tight , you could operate your cd2 very well indeed using your vbs which has 3 outputs . and sell the vbl which would be redundant . be worth experimenting one day
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/onkyo sacd /bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc xlr/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/verity audio rienzi speakers

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    just a thought , if money was tight , you could operate your cd2 very well indeed using your vbs which has 3 outputs . and sell the vbl which would be redundant . be worth experimenting one day
    That did cross my mind. I will have to experiment

Interesting little article on pre amps, may have to give the little glasshouse a try
    CD:- Bel Canto CD2 Player & VBS (mods by Mr.C)
    DAC:- Bel Canto DAC 3.5mkIIvb & VBL
    Pre Amp:- Music First Audio Classic v1
    Amplification:- Herron Audio M1A Monoblocks
    Loudspeakers:- Audio Physic Sitara
    Cables:- Coherent Cables - 4D & 5D.
    Other Items:- Isotek GII Mini Sub mains conditioner, Power Cables :- Missing Link Cryo Reference & PS Audio AC-5, Optimum Equipment Stand

I'm Phil.

yes I know the vbl theoretically is better to use it on its own with the cd2 but I used my cd2 very effectively using the vbs . I know tony will probably disagree with this though !!
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/onkyo sacd /bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc xlr/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/verity audio rienzi speakers

I'm Mark.

Well thanks to Phil (hifinutt) for his advice, and pointing me in the direction of a Music First Audio pre amp, thanks Phil.

I now have a pre in they system and wow what a difference it has made,
    I was very sceptical about what a passive / tvc could add, but I have been very supprised, im loving it.

And now one of the inside

Other Items:- Isotek GII Mini Sub mains conditioner, Power Cables :- Missing Link Cryo Reference & PS Audio AC-5, Optimum Equipment Stand

I'm Geoff.

Funny that. Many seem to disregard TVC pre-amps, but I'd not part with mine, it sounds wonderful.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Funny that. Many seem to disregard TVC pre-amps, but I'd not part with mine, it sounds wonderful.
    Geoff, Ive had it in the system for 2-3 weeks now and cannot fault it at all, give a nice sweet sound, with great bass extension, and very nice highs.
    Must admit I wasnt convinced how a load of wire (as in the tvc) could possible add anything, but I was very pleasantly supprised.

I'm Phil.

so pleased you could get it , i do love mfa amps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234