+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cans For Work, Workshop, Recommendations

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    good cans those(on my list), but maybe a bit high ohms for a phone. had my eye on the beyer 770 i think is the model as they do them in various ohmages.
    That is true if that is the only way you listen. I know there is a lower ohm version of the DT250 which has similar attributes. IMO it's the studio phones in the Beyer range where the value lies: they're engineered for flat response and comfort. It's what I want in a headphone personally. I am not interested in bespoke finishes nor enhanced bass so that they sound good with lesser sources.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Paul.

This gives me something to think about, got tired of reading reviews, some personal insights are greatly appreciated, many thanks.

I have limited knowledge about the ohm impendences, quick search showed quote: ''The main practical difference is that higher ohms produce better sound quality, but need more power. E.g. 32 ohms is ideal for use with mobile devices, but 80+ is good for use with desktop computers/studio equipment.'' would that be accurate without going into it too deep?''

I'm Geoff.

I think it may be worth speaking to studiocare about trying the phones.
    I do use my dt150 with my phone and they're fine. They don't go silly loud but they're loud enough. Fed by a high quality headphone input in my denon pma850, they absolutely sing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.

I'm Geoff.

My son has the dt250 80 ohm and uses them with his phone.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    I think it may be worth speaking to studiocare about trying the phones.
    I do use my dt150 with my phone and they're fine. They don't go silly loud but they're loud enough. Fed by a high quality headphone input in my denon pma850, they absolutely sing.

I think I will do some investigation between 150 and 250 and maybe the audio technica, not sure if there is anything else, the beyers look robust, no dealers around so buying deaf wouldnt be an ideal choice, but worked before, might do it again.

danilo Guest

I use Howard Leight headsets 32npr . Standard issue for Airport apron work area use .
    V good noise rejection and fairly comfortable.

I'm Grant.

Ive just bought a set of oppos blind. Hoping ive not cocked up
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

I've got a pair of Shure SRH840 headphones. They are designed for sound engineers, so they have great cushions, the over the ear pads are plenty large for my big ears, and the top cushion is also nice and thick. They sound great! Nice flat response with strong, deep bass and top end up in the 20's. I've worn them for many hours during recording sessions and they are just nice! Well made, tough, and great sound, at a very reasonable price, I paid $200.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Looked at the shures. only thing was they are huge. They get excellent reviews.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pau View Post
    I think I will do some investigation between 150 and 250 and maybe the audio technica, not sure if there is anything else, the beyers look robust, no dealers around so buying deaf wouldnt be an ideal choice, but worked before, might do it again.
    there are a set of AT cans in black like mine going on ebay from Audio technica... refurbed(mine were too) at an excellent price. might save you some cash

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Tech...gAAOSwll1Wtzc-
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast