+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cans For Work, Workshop, Recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Paul.

Question Cans For Work, Workshop, Recommendations

So keep long story short, after 7 years of working on my own, I have decided to wind down my business.
    Recently started a new cushy job, all is pretty much well, but like anything in life I find myself dealing with all sorts of issues which I never had.
    I'm looking in to getting new cans for working environment, any kind of input would be greatly appreciated from fellow members who may be in a similar situation.

I have P7 B&W's at home and they are smooth and lovely and I like them a lot, but not for longer sessions as they sometimes feel a little bit uncomfortable. So comfort would be a big plus
    Noice canceling, I'm not sure, I would like to drown out colleagues chatting but not the noisy workplace so to speak, drilling, hammering got used to that long time ago, does not bother me at tall.
    Wired headphones only , using old iphone at the moment with earphones.
    Cash, thats a difficult one, something inbetween 100-200, I will not shy away for anything less expensive,could go for s/hand and get replacement earpads I suppose, or is that not recommended?
    Anything else?
    Many thanks in advance, Paul

I'm Grant.

These are superb. Comfy secure and good sounding closed back cans. You might get a set on ebay a bit cheaper. I can wear them as long as i want without fatigue. Run off an iphone ok too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PEU9C...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    These are superb. Comfy secure and good sounding closed back cans. You might get a set on ebay a bit cheaper. I can wear them as long as i want without fatigue. Run off an iphone ok too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PEU9C...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Grant, I was looking at them the other day, Audio Technica's in general seem to appeal to me, heard a few of them at audio show last year. Would they take a beating? taking on an off all the time, dust all over the place, are they flimsy?

Ooh they do them in sexy gun metal grey

I'm Grant.

Default Cans For Work, Workshop, Recommendations

Yes its the gunmetal ive got. Will pop a pic on i took. They are fairly well made and fold flat.. might scratch a bit mind i dint know as they are a metal style finish rather than plastic

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

[QUOTE=struth;858857]Yes its the gunmetal ive got. Will pop a pic on i took. They are fairly well made and fold flat.. might scratch a bit mind i dint know as they are a metal style finish rather than plastic

Please do, thanks, by the sound of it so far added to the top of the list, will wait till the weekend if anything else comes up.

I'm Kevin.

For the money, these are supposed to be good. https://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_h...erlux_297902_0
    I would say they are ideal in your working environment, as they are almost disposable at that price.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Rob.

I've recently bought a pair of AKG K550 for use at work (office work). I'm very pleased with them. They are very comfortable, cut out a lot of the background noise, and sound very good. I got them from Richersounds for £105 - which I think is a steal. The price there has gone up again to £150, but if you hunt around there are other places selling them for near £100.
    Rob.