+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cans For Work, Workshop, Recommendations

I'm Paul.

Many thanks for all your suggestions, I have set my eyes on the dt770 32ohm, ticked all the boxes on paper ,but as usual, im overthinking too much, or waiting till my last set of earbuds disintegrates. Shame I cant try them, nearest dealer is miles away.

I'm Russell.

I guess I should have asked what kind of work do you do? Could make a huge difference in your choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I guess I should have asked what kind of work do you do? Could make a huge difference in your choice.

Jeweller, manufacture and restoration, Russel. I'm not after complete noise isolation, Just something to drown out the noise from people around me, so any kind of closed back design would do I suppose.

I'm Grant.

My new Oppos are by far the most comfortable Ive ever worn. light too, but over budget I think.but will work off a phone
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - CREEK OBH-11SE HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Paul.

I need to sort this out quick before I buy something else.
    Yesterday browsing through the internet found stax 2050, badly wanted a pair years ago. They would be useless in work environment, but would replace my p7s, hmm.

I reckon just to be on the safe side I may try some dealers in town and hear few options.
    Grant, I think thats a bit too much for what I need it for.

P.S Anyone heard the dt770 32 or 80 ohms?

I'm Russell.

Perhaps some in ear monitors may be appropriate in such a workplace? The fit would not distract you. A big set of heavy phones on your head may cause you to be fiddling with them, adjusting their fit often. The in ear units will stay put, in place, and are very light weight. And not so obvious to others in the work space. Unobtrusive. Personally I'm not keen on having something stuck in my ear, but I guess I'd get used to it over time. And an expensive set of in ear monitors have superb audio, some have multiple drivers. I personally have little experience with them, but have known musicians that wear them on stage, they are doing cartwheels and jumping up and down, and never think about them, they love them over standard stage monitors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123