+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge Audio CXU universal player

I'm Barry.

Default Cambridge Audio CXU universal player

Any one used the Cambridge Audio CXU universal player for streaming and playing of local flac/mp3 files? Perhaps using a Raspberry pi as a player using the Cambridge as a DAC?

I'm Barry.

I've got a BD752 which was the previous model , I have it connected to my router via ethernet cable and stream FLAC files to it wirelessly from my laptop using MusicBee which has a UPnP plugin. I also have an external HD plugged into the 752 via USB and the FLAC files are displayed on my TV.

I'm Derek.

I have a CXU which I use as a bluray/dvd/cd spinner and also as a DAC for my Squeezebox touch which plays flac files from my network connected pc. Sounds good to my ears!

I'm Simon.

I'm extremely happy with my CXU, which I use now for Blu Ray, DVD duties and DAC for TV. I used to use it as a DAC with my Aries Mini (playing FLAC, ALAC and MP3). Much preferred the sound to over that of the Aries direct. I now use my Yamaha CD-S2100 as a DAC and this is definitely a notch or two up from the CXU, as you might expect (but not always find!) given its higher price.

The CXU is a nicely made player, that looks much more costly than it is. Loads of inputs and flexibility. Transport is almost silent in operation.
    Auralic Aries Mini>Lindemann MB25DSD>Lindemann MB55>Scansonics MB1 Atlas Ascent speaker cable; Neotech XLR and USB

I'm Barry.

Thanks for info Guys.

I'm Steve.

I have a CXN which is possibly the worst single thing I have ever bought and i have bought many things in my life......just thought I'd share.
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by zygote23 View Post
    I have a CXN which is possibly the worst single thing I have ever bought and i have bought many things in my life......just thought I'd share.
    Cambridge have never been much good with streamers, IMO. But this thread is about a CXU; quite a different kettle of fish! But if we're talking streamers, the Aries Mini takes a great deal of beating (I've had a fair few). App is good, outputs analogue via its own decent DAC, or digitally via SPDIF and USB; can act as own server with internal storage or an external drive plugged in. AirPlay. Bluetooth. Good integration with Tidal. Easy to set up. Excellent wireless performance.
    Auralic Aries Mini>Lindemann MB25DSD>Lindemann MB55>Scansonics MB1 Atlas Ascent speaker cable; Neotech XLR and USB

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by simon g View Post
    Cambridge have never been much good with streamers, IMO. But this thread is about a CXU; quite a different kettle of fish!
    Yes I realised that but just thought I would have a whinge lol. I hate the CXN with a passion uncontested...how it ever got the reviews it did beggars belief. Now I might look to some suggestions here for a change of device.
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Grant.

Had a cambridge cd/hard drive once. it cost a bomb and went poof too never worked properly tbh. they seem to have got their act together now according to the reviews. thats good as they were a decent company.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Barry.

Well, I have decided to stick with the Raspberry Pi/dac for streaming and local files, and wired up my Oppo BDP-83 for stereo/audio use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast