+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge Audio CXU universal player

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Barry.

Default Cambridge Audio CXU universal player

Any one used the Cambridge Audio CXU universal player for streaming and playing of local flac/mp3 files? Perhaps using a Raspberry pi as a player using the Cambridge as a DAC?

I'm Barry.

I've got a BD752 which was the previous model , I have it connected to my router via ethernet cable and stream FLAC files to it wirelessly from my laptop using MusicBee which has a UPnP plugin. I also have an external HD plugged into the 752 via USB and the FLAC files are displayed on my TV.

I'm D.

I have a CXU which I use as a bluray/dvd/cd spinner and also as a DAC for my Squeezebox touch which plays flac files from my network connected pc. Sounds good to my ears!

I'm Simon.

I'm extremely happy with my CXU, which I use now for Blu Ray, DVD duties and DAC for TV. I used to use it as a DAC with my Aries Mini (playing FLAC, ALAC and MP3). Much preferred the sound to over that of the Aries direct. I now use my Yamaha CD-S2100 as a DAC and this is definitely a notch or two up from the CXU, as you might expect (but not always find!) given its higher price.

The CXU is a nicely made player, that looks much more costly than it is. Loads of inputs and flexibility. Transport is almost silent in operation.
    Lindemann Network Bridge > McIntosh MHA150 > Shahinian Larc speakers

I'm Barry.

Thanks for info Guys.

I'm Steve.

I have a CXN which is possibly the worst single thing I have ever bought and i have bought many things in my life......just thought I'd share.
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by zygote23 View Post
    I have a CXN which is possibly the worst single thing I have ever bought and i have bought many things in my life......just thought I'd share.
    Cambridge have never been much good with streamers, IMO. But this thread is about a CXU; quite a different kettle of fish! But if we're talking streamers, the Aries Mini takes a great deal of beating (I've had a fair few). App is good, outputs analogue via its own decent DAC, or digitally via SPDIF and USB; can act as own server with internal storage or an external drive plugged in. AirPlay. Bluetooth. Good integration with Tidal. Easy to set up. Excellent wireless performance.
    Lindemann Network Bridge > McIntosh MHA150 > Shahinian Larc speakers

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by simon g View Post
    Cambridge have never been much good with streamers, IMO. But this thread is about a CXU; quite a different kettle of fish!
    Yes I realised that but just thought I would have a whinge lol. I hate the CXN with a passion uncontested...how it ever got the reviews it did beggars belief. Now I might look to some suggestions here for a change of device.
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Terry.

Default cxn

Quote Originally Posted by zygote23 View Post
    hi there!

what is it you dont like a about the cxn??

I'm Grant.

Had a cambridge cd/hard drive once. it cost a bomb and went poof too never worked properly tbh. they seem to have got their act together now according to the reviews. thats good as they were a decent company.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast