+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For sale - Tron Convergence MC phono stage

I'm nick.

Default For sale - Tron Convergence MC phono stage

Hi All,

I'm selling my Tron Convergence Moving Coil phono stage.

It's in excellent condition. With flight case, mains lead and manual.

I've only owned it for a few days. It sounded excellent in my system with a Dynavector MC cartridge.

I'm selling as I've just bought an Audionote amp that has an integrated phono stage so its not needed.

Full spec here:

http://www.tron-electric.co.uk/phono...e-phono-stage/

review here:

http://topoxforddoc.zenfolio.com/blo...ce-phono-stage

It retails for £1000. I'm asking £750.

I can ship or you can pick up from glossop in the Peak District.

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Alan.

You have pm Nick.

I'm nick.

just replied!

I'm Charlie.

Nick,

I know that you're selling it, but what did you think of it? Have you tried the TRON into a line input on your new preamp to compare the built in AN phono to the TRON?

Charlie

I'm nick.

Hi Charlie,

I thought it sounded very good indeed into my Sonneteer Orton. It brought up a lot more detail than my MM setup had before. But with no loss of musicality. Would have kept it but my new Audio Note Amp had a built in phono stage. The cost of the new amp means i have to sell this and stay with Moving Magnet for now anyway.

Nick

I'm nick.

Now sold

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Hi Charlie,

I thought it sounded very good indeed into my Sonneteer Orton. It brought up a lot more detail than my MM setup had before. But with no loss of musicality. Would have kept it but my new Audio Note Amp had a built in phono stage. The cost of the new amp means i have to sell this and stay with Moving Magnet for now anyway.

Nick
    The AN phono stage works very well with a SUT. Out of interest what AN pre have you bought. I have a early M2 phono which is certainly a keeper.
    Paul.

I'm nick.

Hi Paul,

I pushed the boat out and got the OTO SE signature. Agree about the SUT. I heard the OTO with a well tempered and a Dynavector xx2 with a Pure Sound SUT and was very good indeed. Gave a lot more volume too. Might be something i look at in the future when i get a HiFi budget again. But staying MM for now.

Sweet. The M2 Phono must be a step up from the onboard one in the OTO i think!

As an aside.. I heard the Audio Note 4 CD Player in the demo. Pretty special.. had very natural, organic sound.

OTO Signature SE should be very nice. I hadn't realised you had gone for a integrated. Certainly on the only older AN kit the OTO and M1/M2 had very similar phonostages and I can't think of reason for that to have changed. My M2 is signature although from 97 but wonder if you have Copper Caps like mine, if so you have done well. I have a Cinemag 1131 SUT but the Puresound is meant to be very good.
    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread