+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1988/1989 HiFi Shop Retail Price List

I'm Shane.

Just don't bloody sneeze next to a PT turntable. Before the thing falls apart

S.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I am a bit of a hoarder of HiFi related stuff, and I found this awhile back inside a program for a long defunct HiFi shop and the audio show they once hosted.

Anyway based on a comment elsewhere in the forum regarding the retail price of gear I thought it worthwhile publishing the price list, at least now you will know how much those items originally sold for.

Of course ultimately this means nothing as collectable audio values often don't relate anywhere near to what they once sold for when new - still this is interesting slice of audio history.

can't see the Croft series 3 'R' OTL?
    John Wood 6L6 Valve Amp, with:

6L6GC Russian Original (no logo) Output Tubes 4x, supplied by J.Wood.
    ECC81 Mullard NOS Input Tubes 2x
    12AU7 (ECC82) Brimar NOS Input Tubes 2x

Wilson Benesch Actor Loudspeakers.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.
    M2Tech Hi-Face 2 RCA USB to S/PDIF (co-axial) converter.

HP Pavilion G6 - 2382sa D0Y14EA#ABU + "The Teddy" 19/3 - 19V 3.5A LPSU.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

Sennheiser HD 558 headset.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by the_doc735 View Post
    can't see the Croft series 3 'R' OTL?
    I didn't say it was there. I decided to post this so EBay sellers could not hoodwink anyone with this sort of kit, as the Croft listing on Ebay (I assume) was trying to. Sorry if you thought Croft was going to be there.
    Regards Neil

I'm Simon.

I like all the akai tape decks. Nice. I remember I had an akai vhs and akai Walkman. Lovely.

Was trying to see if I could find any cyrus stuff on your list, I wonder what they had then maybe original cyrus one.

I found a'computing with amstrad' magazine in my dads loft from 1984. It's quite funny reading all the articles about what a modem is and dot matrix printers etc. Lol.

I'm Simon.

Ps I wonder if this hi fi dealer sold some of that stuff. Love this sketch (and the Mel smith sansui one)

https://youtu.be/TxQqWSnsHoA

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    I like all the akai tape decks. Nice. I remember I had an akai vhs and akai Walkman. Lovely.

Was trying to see if I could find any cyrus stuff on your list, I wonder what they had then maybe original cyrus one.

I found a'computing with amstrad' magazine in my dads loft from 1984. It's quite funny reading all the articles about what a modem is and dot matrix printers etc. Lol.
    Yes in the integrated amps section Cyrus 2 listed for £299

The shop did sell Cyrus but if I recall right cherry picked from what they did as some items sounded better than others.

This is a real walk down in the past for me, I remember some of this time well, some of it not so well. It was a long time ago.
    Regards Neil

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I didn't say it was there. I decided to post this so EBay sellers could not hoodwink anyone with this sort of kit, as the Croft listing on Ebay (I assume) was trying to. Sorry if you thought Croft was going to be there.
    That's OK mate! no problem. The list is very useful in 'genning' people up on these prices. I dare say I will be referring to it a fair bit, many thanks!
    John Wood 6L6 Valve Amp, with:

6L6GC Russian Original (no logo) Output Tubes 4x, supplied by J.Wood.
    ECC81 Mullard NOS Input Tubes 2x
    12AU7 (ECC82) Brimar NOS Input Tubes 2x

Wilson Benesch Actor Loudspeakers.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.
    M2Tech Hi-Face 2 RCA USB to S/PDIF (co-axial) converter.

HP Pavilion G6 - 2382sa D0Y14EA#ABU + "The Teddy" 19/3 - 19V 3.5A LPSU.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

Sennheiser HD 558 headset.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by the_doc735 View Post
    That's OK mate! no problem. The list is very useful in 'genning' people up on these prices. I dare say I will be referring to it a fair bit, many thanks!
    No worries Paul.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123