+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

I'm Paul.

Default Hello Everyone

I have two systems because for most of the time I am working abroad.
    The first one at home on the Isle of Wight which unfortunately I don't get much time to listen to apart from Christmas and the occasional long weekend is Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck with Space arm and Hana EH cartridge, Croft Super Micro preamp and Croft series 5 power amp, Spendor 2/3 speakers on ( I think ) JPW speaker stands with DNM solid core cable, Leak Troughline tuner with Tim De Paravicini decoder, Marantz CD player with Little Bit 3 DAC and a Nakamichi 2 Cassette player.
    The system in my apartment on the border of Switzerland is computer based with a Macbook Pro running Audirvana plus into a Matrix Mini Pro DAC with Argon 7350 av 2 active speakers on Target stands, these are connected with Rowen interconnect and speaker cable.
    Both systems sound good, but the home one has improved considerably since I upgraded the cartridge.
    I enjoy most kinds of music especially modern, blues and classical and I have found some quite good internet radio stations. I can recommend Venice Classic Radio, Aardvark Blues and Fresh radio.org from Paris who play a good selection of music but mostly modern.
    I download quite a lot but I have found it is getting quite a bit more expensive lately so I sometimes buy CD,s and copy them to the Mac. one of the best download sites is Quboz.
    I hope I can help with some questions sometime.
    Cheers, Paul.

I'm Rob.

Hi Paul, I am just up the A3 from Portsmouth. Welcome
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Paul.

Thanks Rob

I'm Geoff.

Hi Paul. Welcome to AOS.

You have some nice equipment there.

Take a look around the site. There's loads going on, so feel free to join in the chat. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Paul.

Nice introduction - enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Hi Paul welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Paul.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I have been trying to add a couple of photos, I know I am not too great with computers and I've looked everywhere but can't find how to do it. Sorry for being a bit thick but can anyone guide me in the right direction please
    Last edited by marf53; 07-05-2017 at 08:34.

I'm Paul.

No I haven't Barry but I will, cheers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by marf53 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I have been trying to add a couple of photos, I know I am not too great with computers and I've looked everywhere but can't find how to do it. Sorry for being a bit thick but can anyone guide me in the right direction please
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-your-ads-****

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-in-your-posts
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Josie.

Welcome to AOS, Paul.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast