+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EFFECTIVE MASS: Here is a cogent, scientifically based and rational explanation.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    It does not seem to work that way however. I constantly get the "membership required" now, have done for weeks.
    Well, if you feel there might be value in becoming a member (it is, after all, free) then that might be the solution.

Thanks

Neil
    Well, hello.

I'm Grant.

I got to read it ok. maybe not linked myself to enough attempts, i dont know
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I got to read it ok. maybe not linked myself to enough attempts, i dont know
    Ah, good. Re the topic - do you have any questions you'd like HP to put to the author?

Thanks

Neil
    Well, hello.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
    Meanwhile, a polite request / alert would have been sufficient. Thank you. Neil
    My post wasn't impolite, so why bring it up?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    My post wasn't impolite, so why bring it up?
    I won't be getting into a debate with you about this Mr. Senior Member (but thank you anyway) other than to say that I hope you'll agree that both of us are entitled to our opinions. Regards - Neil
    Well, hello.

RothwellAudio Guest

Finally, yes, you are quite correct, our policy is 'another'. That's the way we designed it! Participation in our site is an invitation - not a command. You are completely free of any obligation; you can decline or accept the invitation as you see fit.
    I was suggesting that reading a page is rather passive and doesn't really qualify as participation, unlike posting on a forum. However I can see the value (to you) of membership, and "participation" could include reading a page. I was only suggesting that potential members need to see the value (to them) of membership before signing up. BTW, I don't think I've looked at your site for several weeks until today.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    I was suggesting that reading a page is rather passive and doesn't really qualify as participation, unlike posting on a forum. However I can see the value (to you) of membership, and "participation" could include reading a page. I was only suggesting that potential members need to see the value (to them) of membership before signing up. BTW, I don't think I've looked at your site for several weeks until today.
    Thank you. Yes, maybe you have a point. I'll think about it. From my personal perspective (I have yet to canvass opinion from my office colleagues here re this) I axiomatically link 'value' to cost. Consequently, and my opinion might be shifted re this (it happens) in terms of our site - given that membership is entirely free - my perception of 'value' might not conform to the norm. Looking at the thread-start, i do feel that the intro text offered a reasonable 'taste' of the entire story, a story far too long to post here in full.

Average monthly page hits for year-to-date is > 30k and the entire archive of > 7.6k articles is, as always, entirely free. The exact membership list size must remain confidential but what i can say is that my database manager tells me it exceeds 9k.

Thanks again - Neil
    Well, hello.

I'm Grant.

Ah, good. Re the topic - do you have any questions you'd like HP to put to the author?

Thanks

Neil
    perhaps it would have been more enlightening with some examples. i like examples
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    perhaps it would have been more enlightening with some examples. i like examples
    Okay. Let me know, with a bit more detail please if you'd be so kind, what you have in mind and I'll put these to him. If the requests are challenging then we find the author very obliging. Thanks. Neil
    Well, hello.

I'm Grant.

Just giving different examples of arms and carts and best way to work out the relationship etc ould have brought the article into a must read rather than something that was kinda unfulfilling for me anyway. Its an interesting subject and few folk probably have a grasp on it. I always find walking folk though the process brings it home to them better.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast