+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacing Rega RB300 with Jelco SA-750D

I'm Alex.

Default Replacing Rega RB300 with Jelco SA-750D

I'm using modded Systemdek IIX with Rega RB300 tonearm (rewired). Been hearing from many sources that Jelco SA-750D is a better tonearm, especially because I'm using Denon DL-103. My question: which length Jelco should I order for the replacement?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Kevin.

Rega RB300 - Mounting distance platter center*to arm hole center 222mm which makes the SA-750D the closest. Distance of the tonearm pivot to spindle is 214mm.
    The SA-750D has an Effective length (from the tonearm pivot to stylus point) of 229mm. If you want a longer one, you need to drop the "D" and go for the "E" or "L".
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

blackstar Guest

I've gone from RB300 to 750D and I would heartily recommend it. It is an incredibly versatile arm.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I think you're obliged to use a 9" arm on a Systemdek, since there isn't room for a longer arm.
    Barry

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think you're obliged to use a 9" arm on a Systemdek, since there isn't room for a longer arm.
    Thanks, I needed a confirmation for that (wasn't sure if there's even a possibility for longer arms).
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    I've gone from RB300 to 750D and I would heartily recommend it. It is an incredibly versatile arm.

Yes, I'm definitely gonna do it, just needed to confirm the correct length.

Alex.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Rega RB300 - Mounting distance platter center*to arm hole center 222mm which makes the SA-750D the closest. Distance of the tonearm pivot to spindle is 214mm.
    The SA-750D has an Effective length (from the tonearm pivot to stylus point) of 229mm. If you want a longer one, you need to drop the "D" and go for the "E" or "L".
    Thanks mate.

Alex.

+ Reply to Thread