+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Castle seven speaker repair help needed

I'm Phil.

Default Castle seven speaker repair help needed

Hi folks , a friend of mine has a pair of castle sevens and the magnet has come unstuck and it needs gluing back but it has to be spot on because the coil of wire goes over it , does anyone know who would do this type of thing cheers phil.
    Phil.

I'm Dennis.

I think it can be done by you.
    The assembly is usually in three parts I think; a polepiece 'washer', the magnet, and the pole and backplate which are one.

I would do it in three stages. Clean off all glue residue from the parts which may prevent accurate mechanical positioning

The washer first can be placed around the coil and should be fairly easy to centre. Fag paper or thicker may help determine spacing around the coil. Hold in position and let it set

When that is set the magnet can be positioned, and its position is less critical, but should be concentric.
    Make sure it is the same way round as before.

Finally the backplate can then be glued on, and its position flat against the magnet back has to be determined by very gentle feel for rubbing; whilst flexing the cone/coil assembly to and fro it can be slid sideways (radially) to the best central position with no rubbing.

Let it set and check that there is no rubbing.

+ Reply to Thread