+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modwright Instruments SWP 9.0se Phono Stage

I'm Adrian.

As far as the speakers go maybe more information about set up and results would be helpful. They generate strong opinions on this point and that may be putting people off - my interest was piqued until I began reading reviews and the issues with set up. Plus they are mighty expensive multi drive on a forum where many purists believe in the single driver route.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Andy.

Only just seen this, apologies for the reply.
    The VMPS speakers (on a different sale thread) have never caused me any setup issues.
    I have had these speakers in a number of different locations, Firing along both long and short lengths of the room and again close to room boundaries and in open area's.
    Though there are sonic differences, as you would find with most speakers. They have always given excellent results.
    I would consider international postage, though the buyer would have to arrange them to be packed (original boxes are very poor) by the courier of their choice and they would get the level of service they wish for.
    Hope that helps anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    As far as the speakers go maybe more information about set up and results would be helpful. They generate strong opinions on this point and that may be putting people off - my interest was piqued until I began reading reviews and the issues with set up. Plus they are mighty expensive multi drive on a forum where many purists believe in the single driver route.
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12