+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firebottle Air Hybrid Power amp

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What are you keeping?
    The World Designs KEL84 I bought from Peter (Petrat). It goes rather nicely with the Kelly Transducer KT2 speakers I've just refurbished - there's a thread on here somewhere. I'm also into the reduce the box count phase - the KEL is an integrated amp. No doubt in the future I'll go pre-power again. The Firebottle worked very well too with my Emotiva pre now up for sale.

I'm Martin.

Right, difficult choices.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Had a kel84 power once
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Looks a really nice amp mate. Also means someone else gets the chance to live with and love a Firebottle Amp.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Richie.

That will be me. I missed out on Brian's Croft last week, so I'd appreciate it you guys didn't try and talk Ian out of it too...

Just joking. I'm looking forward to getting it going. I am just going to run it with a passive pre at the moment, until I work out what to do with my pre/phone set up.

Bigman80 Guest

Great purchase mate. Its a very very good amp and a better price.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    That will be me. I missed out on Brian's Croft last week, so I'd appreciate it you guys didn't try and talk Ian out of it too...

Just joking. I'm looking forward to getting it going. I am just going to run it with a passive pre at the moment, until I work out what to do with my pre/phone set up.
    What you need is my Emotiva pre with phono stage - worked brilliantly with the Firebottle (creeps away after shameless plug)

I'm Richie.

I am sure it is amazing, it's just beyond me without selling some gear first. I shouldn't really have gone for this, but I have been really keen to try a hybrid pre/power combo (a la croft/firebottle) for a while. I've got a firebottle phono stage, which i love, so i might look at a kin pre and move the phono stage on.

i might have a chat with alan and see how much better the phono stage in the kin is compared to the plus, then start saving my pocket money. I can't bring myself to ell the big pioneer on...

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    I am sure it is amazing, it's just beyond me without selling some gear first. I shouldn't really have gone for this, but I have been really keen to try a hybrid pre/power combo (a la croft/firebottle) for a while. I've got a firebottle phono stage, which i love, so i might look at a kin pre and move the phono stage on.

i might have a chat with alan and see how much better the phono stage in the kin is compared to the plus, then start saving my pocket money. I can't bring myself to ell the big pioneer on...
    There is going to be a phono stage shootout of the FB-OTP, FB+ & FB KIN/Vivant against a Tron Convergence in a couple of weeks or so. Ill write up the findings anyway so you will have a resource to reference. Subscribe (if you haven't) to alans trade page. Thats where it will appear

Last edited by Bigman80; 02-05-2017 at 21:21.

I'm Richie.

WOW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast