+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sonos Bridge - feel free to use it for £10!

I'm Simon.

Default Sonos Bridge - feel free to use it for £10!

I was in the Sony centre in Brighton today looking for some Bluetooth headphones for the gym. I don't want every post I make to have negative connotations, which might be the impression from other posts Ive made recently - but this made me laugh about hi fi dealers.

The notice in the shop was next to a sonos bridge. The bridge device was used with sonos to act as a link between the speaker and the router, but sonos had done with these bridges around a year ago such that, correct me if I'm wrong - I'm fairly certain, you don't need to use them anymore and can link up sonos devices straight to the router.

Despite this the shop had a notice next to the connect they were selling at a discount ; "sonos bridge - connect up with your sonos system if it is your wish to do so" or words of similar effect. I said to the shop assistant that you don't need these devices anymore, to which he said he knew sonos bridges aren't needed anymore. This just made me laugh. That's all I'm saying. Lol.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    I don't want every post I make to have negative connotations, which might be the impression from other posts Ive made recently
    I'd not worry about that. Nobody here will have a 'poke' at you Simon. Just relax and enjoy yourself on the forum.

By the way. I know nothing about the Sonos!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'd not worry about that. Nobody here will have a 'poke' at you Simon. Just relax and enjoy yourself on the forum.

By the way. I know nothing about the Sonos!
    Make telly s like panaphonics lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm andrew.

The bridge may not been needed but it is still the best way to a reliable wifi conection in a house with multiple Sonos devices.
    Andy.

I'm Geoff.

The best misbranding/mis-selling I have seen was a home theatre system in Northern Vietnam.

It was a Sorry! However, the spacing between the third and fourth letters was minimised so that visually it appeared to be a Sony system.

However, it was definitely a sorry piece of work!

Geoff

I'm Alex.

An early mid 70's amplifier had AMPLEFIER after its model number. Again sorry to say, its sound quality was not ample enough

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by roob View Post
    The bridge may not been needed but it is still the best way to a reliable wifi conection in a house with multiple Sonos devices.
    I had multiple Sonos devices when I had Sonos stuff and it worked as well over wi fi with the bridge to without. But I do live in a flat and in a bigger house there could possibly be issues. But if I was buying now I'd just buy the Sonos without a bridge then get a cheap extender if then necessary I think with connection problems

I'm Matt.

The bridge has now been superseded by the boost, which is supposed to be twice as good, i.e. Twice the range & speed.
    It sets up a mesh network that the Sonos speakers work off. Advantages are that each Sonos piece plugged in is supposed to strengthen the mesh network & interference with/from other wireless devices being used in the house will be minimized/negated. The controller, i.e. the iPad/iPhone etc with the Sonos app on will still be working via the router, not the mesh network.
    If you have a really good network in your house with no deadspots, the boost may not be required. However, if you have a weak network &/or deadspots, a boost, for £100 or so is probably money well spent.

+ Reply to Thread