+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Eberhard Weber album?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Alex.

Default Best Eberhard Weber album?

I've been getting into Eberhard Weber's music lately. Actually, I'm gradually falling in love with his music, his concept, his vision. I'm in particular enamoured by his 'golden period' (1970s - early 1980s), which coincided with the golden period of the EMC label. Weber was actually instrumental in creating and defining that much loved 'ECM sound' with his first LP "Colours of Chloe".

My question to Weber's admirers: which of his albums do you enjoy most?

It's a tough question for me, because I kind of enjoy them all equally. Lately been trying to make up my mind whether I'm more enthralled by "Silent Feet" or "Later That Evening"?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    I've been getting into Eberhard Weber's music lately. Actually, I'm gradually falling in love with his music, his concept, his vision. I'm in particular enamoured by his 'golden period' (1970s - early 1980s), which coincided with the golden period of the EMC label. Weber was actually instrumental in creating and defining that much loved 'ECM sound' with his first LP "Colours of Chloe".

My question to Weber's admirers: which of his albums do you enjoy most?

It's a tough question for me, because I kind of enjoy them all equally. Lately been trying to make up my mind whether I'm more enthralled by "Silent Feet" or "Later That Evening"?
    Hi Alex
    Nice post, my favorite is Pendulum, which is Eberhard playing solo bass being as creative as he can by freeing the instrument
    and Stages of a Long journey, but his work with Jan Garbarek is extremely good too, Legend of the Seven dreams,
    I took up the runes, and Rites. Must get to hear some more of his earlier CD's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eberhard_Weber

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Hi Alex
    Nice post, my favorite is Pendulum, which is Eberhard playing solo bass being as creative as he can by freeing the instrument
    and Stages of a Long journey, but his work with Jan Garbarek is extremely good too, Legend of the Seven dreams,
    I took up the runes, and Rites. Must get to hear some more of his earlier CD's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eberhard_Weber
    Thanks for the pointers, Chris. I'm still stuck on his first 10 years as a solo artist with ECM. I first got drawn in with "The Colours of Chloe" and then started purchasing his albums in chronological order. My latest purchase is "Later That Evening", which sounds absolutely stunning, beginning to end!
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

+ Reply to Thread